EPILOGUE

P/s: So the epilogue, it's not necessary to read. CRINGEWORTHY! unless yall want to know what happened to mingyu and all that cos this story is legit to a friend so I thought of adding more of the good stuffs. Thank you 💜

"Mum, can you get Hyunae's hanky over the counter?"

"Sure, before the maids would throw it away to the laundry,"

"Thanks, mum"

It was a great evening. Aeri sat in front of the house and felt the soft gentle breeze caress her face and shivered a chill on Hyunae's body. She pulled the little child closer and took her scarf placing over Hyunae's uncovered legs.

What's taking mum so long? She turned around seeing any sign of Mrs. Kim out from the house.

"Mingyu! Could you please keep an eye on Hyunae I need to check on mum," she cried out as seeing Mingyu who was bedding out oregano and sages at the patch.

"Why not," he took off his gloves and threw it into a box of other gardening tools. Striding across the cemented pathway, he appealed to them.

"Woah, she is growing too fast," being amazed as if the last time he saw Hyunae was still sleeping in her crib. After all, it has been already one year and a half since she was born. And Mingyu was given the honour to name her.

Hyunae; clever and loving.

And they loved it.

"Ahh, so pretty like your mum," he slowly swiped her hair away and smiled then looked to Aeri, making her blush.

She left Mingyu and Hyunae alone and tried to catch up with Mrs. Kim who was probably making a towel rather than searching it.

Reaching to the kitchen, there wasn't even a sign of her neither Hyunae's handkerchief. She searched high and low but it was useless. As she stood up and turned around, she almost had a mini heart attack seeing someone standing right in front of her out of the blue.

"You scared me!" She slapped on his chest while catching her breath.

"Looking for something?" He smirked. Slowly, he leaned closer while Aeri stepped backwards until she was trapped by the kitchen counter.

She was between his arms where both palms were placed on to the edge of the counter, secured. He drew closer, their nose touching to each other.

"Seokmin, please. Not now," pushing him away but he was stronger.

"Since we got married you rarely call me 'oppa' now," she felt his breath blowing to a side of her cheek.

"Excuse me, who's the boss here? My surname is probably changed three years ago now but I'm still a legacy of the Lee's," staring at him with endearing eyes as she clarified.

"Well, in that case I'm making sure you'll call me that name aloud soon," he wrapped his arms around her waist and sneaked under her shirt. Aeri's heart raced as she felt the cold touch on her skin.

"Ah! I found it-" Mrs. Kim suddenly appeared out of nowhere and nearly dropped the handkerchief as she witnessed the two of them in the kitchen.

Seokmin quickly released her, covering shame as he faked a scratch at the back of his neck.

"Oh yes, what took you so long mum? I got worried so I went in," she paced towards her and took the handkerchief before heading back outside.

"Oh there's nothing to worry about me, worry about finding more towels if you two are adding another one," she rambled on while eyeing at Seokmin.

"What? Don't look at me," Shrugging his shoulders, pretended to act all innocent. Soon, Mrs. Kim burst into laughters seeing his reaction.

"Young couples," she muttered with a smile while shooking her head and soon left.

It made Aeri's heart to melt seeing Hyunae already sleeping on Mingyu's lap, who also dozed off. She came to them and pats Mingyu's shoulder several time until he woke up.

"Having a nice dream huh?" She picked Hyunae up carefully not to wake her.

"Nah. More like a nightmare," he stretched his arms into the air.

"Daymare," she teased.

"No. I'm serious. I'm just still worried what if Seungcheol comes back? What about his mum?"

"Awh, Mingyu. I promise you they can't do anything to harm us. Besides, I finally received several strong evidence I could bring to court if they harass us again. The train accident? We found the captors. They admitted they were under her," she calmed him while rubbing Hyunae's back softly from being awake.

"Oh really? She does have such power. Anyways, Aeri. I just want to say thank you again." He quickly changed the apprehension with a sincere smile.

"No need, I told you. I owe you guys more than this," she replied.

"Aeri?"

"Hm?" She hummed to show she was still listening while rocking Hyunae.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, why need permission, sir?"

"Do you think... Well, uhm, I will be a good uncle?"

"You'll be a great uncle," she smiled widely and realised Seokmin was approaching to them.

"It's quite cold why are you all out here? Tea is ready, by the way," Seokmin interposed.

Mingyu already went back inside after patting Seokmin's back. He hated cold tea so it was a time to rush.

Just about to walk back in, Seokmin leaned to the side on Aeri and whispered into her ears.

"Mum and dad are already asking if we were planning to have another child after what mum saw. I literally became half crazy to explain-"

"Why not?" She cuts in and continued to walk back to the house, leaving Seokmin stunned but it turned into a triumph smirk.

Fin