21.

Lol sorry but Vernon's ost makes the feel for this chapter so if u want extra goodness u can play it haha. Pls enjoy dis chaptur 💜

As she opened the rustling gates of the barren, cold, moist and shallow place, death welcomes her breath by breath. She told Hansol to just stay in the car. He has nothing to do with the case she's handling now. It's all up to her now.

Tomb stones of cold withering cement witnessing tears of laughter and tears of guilt awaiting every shadow's lament. Hallows were born to guard such a place, from intruders escaping their rightful place. Everyone has his or her stone to remember.

Including her parents.

Her steps came to a slower pace as she was getting deeper between the graves. Until she reached at a spot, where she could notice her parents' tomb. It has been a while since the last day she visit, the day of their funeral and the day they were burried. A sudden tear fell but she wiped it away.

Enough with tears, she thought. Her parents needs to see her strong and happy even without them although she never stops from missing them both.

The closer she gets, the faster her heartbeat went. Why did she came here? Seokmin, right. If there's only one thing that could bring them back together, it would be their parents. In her guts, she believed this wasn't going to be a waste.

Then her eyes caught on someone who was standing there alone, in a black trench coat. His face was unseen, as he was facing back. Aeri almost gasped to break the silence as she realised something that was going to change her life. Ever.

Right there, at her parents tomb.

He was standing.

With white roses.

Slowly, she tiptoed approaching his back. The figure became very familiar, not from a stranger who she would always end up to. By just standing behind him, she had a feeling.

She was home.

Seokmin was her home. It's where she would always belong to. With full anticipation, she threw herself to backhug him tightly and made him to jerk in shock.

"Seokmin oppa, I miss you."

He turned himself around, looking down at Aeri, who was still holding onto him.

"I c-cant breathe," he spoke.

"You always say that. But it's alright I missed it too," she chuckled.

Right when she looked up to his face, her mouth was widely open and her eyes screwed. To see who it was, she quickly let him go and stand back.

"Seungcheol?"

"Aeri?"

They both stood still in silence, looking traumatised as ever.

"Where's my brother?" She hissed changing the atmosphere to heat.

"I-I... How did you-" he was speechless to see her shocking presence.

"Seungcheol, I need answers!" She urged him as gripping his coat into her fists.

"Aeri. There is something you should know. That you really need to know since the very beginning," he muttered as looking to the ground.

"All I need to know is where the fuck is Seokmin!" She yelled at him.

He didn't dare to answer. But his head soon turned to the tombs. However, it wasn't towards the direction of her parents'.

There was another one.

Why? She thought. Who's tomb was he staring at? Her eyes sharply came over what he was showing. Squinting her eyes, she read the carved stone.

LEE SEOKMIN

"April... the-" a gasped came out from her as she murmured what was written. It was the same date of her parents' death.

"NO NO NO!! He's still alive, i know it!"

She couldn't believe what she just saw in front of her. What really happened? Feeling as if she wanted to kill herself her tears were soaking her cheeks as she hit her head with her fists repeatedly.

"Why why why??" She whined as she drew closer to the stone. She collapsed on her knees placing her head to the tomb.

Why did I not see this?

Seungcheol, who witnessed everything held her into his arms while rubbing her back. It was hard for her to realise and accept the fact. There was so many to explained but Aeri was in a complete breakdown.

"I sent you the letter. But I wasn't expecting you to come here," he spoke softly after thinking a thousand times finding a way to start explaining.

"Aeri, you were still in trauma after the accident. Seokmin couldn't make it during the surgery. It was...all your illusion",

"NO!" She cried harder, hitting Seungcheol   on the shoulder but it was worthless.

"I wasn't involved anything when mum left you alone. I know her. She just wanted to get rid of you, saying you were crazy. Being hindrance to her. I'm really sorry I couldn't save you at that time. But luckily I managed to find what Island we went to and I met Mr.Kim. I told him everything,"

In her thoughts, she finally had the answers of her curiosity of what Mr. And Mrs. Kim meant before she left.

It was still hard to accept the fact that Seokmin, was dead. It felt real when he was with her. As if, he was really there.

But he was dead. All along.

"But you're here now. I'm glad you know the truth. I'm just afraid that mum will find out-" he felt unsettled as Aeri suddenly pushed him away.

"Then I'm just going to fight her," she stood up still trying to recover from her sob.

"But Aeri, you're not in a good condition yet. You've just finally woke up from a long terrible dream. You need time to revitalise yourself-" he leaned down to look closer at her.

"I am DONE WITH IT! I have no one now so it's only ME," she shrieked at him.

"But you have me. Stay. Please. Don't run away anymore," he pleaded as if he was losing her already while holding her hand. She lets go of him.

"I don't want you to fight your own mother. Stay in your lane, Seungcheol." She left him and quickened her steps to the gate.

Seungcheol started chasing but she was far too fast. Of course, she was used to it and knows how to get away. Experience is the best teacher.

"No. Aeri"

Faster, she walked.

"AERI! AERI COME BACK NOW!" He yelled from afar, still not giving up to chase her.

Eventually, she managed to get back to the car, where Hansol was still waiting for her but dozed off.

"Hansol. Hansol! Wake up!" She slapped him but painless.

"Wh-what happened? Did you find him?" He was clueless.

"Oh yes I did. Stop asking questions now go! move now!!" Making orders as if she was a commander of a troop.

"Where?" He started th car and pressed onto the race.

"Home,"

"Already? Okay then."

"My home," she looked at him giving a sign before looking away through the window seeing if there was a sign of Seungcheol.

Welcome to the Lee household, she said in her mind as looking straightly the front view.

A shallow smile, that betrays all innocence in her.