23. FINALE

"Aeri," a very familiar voice came into her ears. She turned her back to see who it was.

CLAP CLAP CLAP

"I enjoyed the performance," he giggled as resting himself on to one of the bookshelves after giving her three big claps.

Aeri gulped and dropped the book to the floor. Dream or not, she didn't even care. Even if this was all her illusion, it was too good to be true. She tread along the path between the shelves staright towards his direction.

"Seokmin oppa!" She hugged him ever so tightly not wanting to let go neither for him to be probably vanished into thin air if he was only imaginary.

Soon, he held onto her too. Placing his chin onto her head while rubbing her back gently with love, he slowly whispered.

"I miss you, baby sister. You're finally back," a tear fell onto his cheek and soaked a part of Aeri's head.

They let go of the hug that was long gone, still holding on to each other's arms. She looked at his watery eyes, making sure this was real. She tried to slap her face a few times but Seokmin held her hand to stop harming herself.

"wake me up from this dream, please!" She whined as shaking herself back and forth.

"Look at me Aeri, look me into the eyes. This is real. I'm here,"

"But you're dead-" she muttered.

"What makes you think I'm dead? See? I still have a soul," he moved himself and did little jumps to prove he wasn't a ghost haunting her.

"N-nevermind," she looked away, thinking there was something wasn't right of what happened and what Seungcheol explained to her earlier.

Why was there Seokmin's tomb? If so, why is he still appearing in front of her? Was she really sick?

"Oppa, after you left me. What really happened? Do you remember anything? I-I mean you look a lot better,"

"I guess I should thank Seungcheol for everything. As soon as he found me, he took care of me and settled everything including my medications. I told him I wanted to come back for you but he said he's already doing a search and you sent me a letter that you were doing great-"

"WHAT?" She snapped.

"Why?" He was confused by Aeri's sudden rage.

"Oppa, as far as I know, I have never sent you a single letter. I also received a fake letter from you that he made so I came here all alone and heard, no, witnessed that you were dead. He said.. You were just an illusion all this time and you didn't made it for surgery the other day-" she suddenly gasped after trying to connect all the clues.

"I- I thought Seungcheol sent you here,"

"NO! No wonder he tried to keep me away especially from this house so...I can't see you!"

"What do you mean? I don't get this, Aeri," he tried to shift himself closer to Aeri, wanting more answers.

"AERI!" A voiced rushed with leaving an echo came from the hallway.

Seungcheol.

He raced to the door and the look on his face was priceless as he saw Aeri and Seokmin together in the library.

"Seungcheol explain what the fuck is this?" Aeri started at him with daring eyes and folded her arms.

"I.. Uh.." He was wordless figuring out how to explain the whole situation. It was messed up. Things weren't going the way as he planned to be.