18.

Lights gleaming attached to the lines and lanterns, floating just right above them. It was live, people danced along to the country and folk music. Their faces were lighted up, painting the town red.

Aeri was awed by the eccentric atmosphere. Mingyu, who was also amazed by the anual festival, took her hand and brought her deeper into the crowds.

"Mingyu, I hope we won't forget the main reason why we're heading out to town," she tried to get away from being distracted.

"Yeah, I know. But we still got time right before ferry leaves tomorrow dawn," he let go of her and posed a gesture, placing an arm behind him while reaching out the other, asking for a dance.

The grin on his face, it was irresistible. Aeri placed a hand on his too that reached out and the started to follow the rhythm of the catchy music. It was a wonderful moment. Worth to be memorable. Dancing wasn't so bad after all, she thought.

"You can't always stay miserable all the time even when life tests you. It's how good you can deal with it," he slowly spoke to her left ear.

She stood silence while resting her chin onto his shoulder. Good thing she could reach it. The music was gradually changing it's beat, slower and softer. It was  already ten past eleven.

It was a bit awkward for them in such position and their bodies were against each other. He looked at Aeri, probably she didn't really mind and just needed some rest.

"I'll go get some drinks," he slowly released her and went out of sight.

Aeri was left all alone in the big crowd but she refused to move an inch thinking she might of gone lost. Less than a minute, Mingyu came back bringing two cups of grape juice. One of them was already drank half, so she assumed the full one was for her.

"Mingyu," she looked at him as she took the cup from him.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you," she smiled and took a sip.

"Anytime. Uh, ah..." He rubbed the inner part of his eyes with his fingers, feeling a slight discomfort.

"What's the matter?" She was worried to see him in a sudden way.

"I-I think I need to go for a sec. Just wait," he quickly ran away leaving her behind again.

Hoping that he'll be just alright, Aeri drank the the whole cup while waiting for him about ten minutes. Little did she realised, there wasn't a sign if Mingyu in that area.

Her vision suddenly became blur which made her to lose her balance. She walked slowly, thinking she was drunk. Her legs trembled and they were shaking, too weak to lift her up. Then she felt a burning sensation in her stomach and her head was spinning inside.

"Wh-what?" She tried to find something to lean on but crowds were just passing her by. She narrowed her eyes, seeing a familiar figure standing just beside the entrance to a house shop.

"M-mingyu?" She reeled towards him and he noticed her presence.

"I... Th-think there uh... Was something in that d-drink, I'm-" she lost control and fell onto him.

"Shhh.." He pressed a finger onto her lips. His eyes were barely wide open and he was smirking in a weird way, as he gave a sinister look. His voice sounded different and slowly picked her up and brought her to a darker place.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Her voice shaked trying to keep conscious.

"I said shhhhhh!" He pushed her to the hard ground as gripping both of her wrists, being above her, bodies only a few inches away.

Aeri tried to escape pushing him away but she was far too week. He held her tightly and started placing his head around her neck, his warm breath felt in her veins.

"MINGYU!!!" She tried to scream but he quickly covered her mouth his hand.

"Oh yes, scream if you can, Aeri I'll ah-" he bit her neck and Aeri felt an intense pain.

"ARGHHHH! Mmmmingggggyu!" She yelled but her mouth still shut.

She gathered all her strength, praying she owes her life to God if she managed to escape.

She lifted a leg and kicked him in the torso with her knees. Luckily it was strong enough to push him aside but he was still gripping both of her wrists roughly.

"What the fuck Aeri?! Oh no you don't-"

With all her might she bit his arm, making a cut and he screamed in pain.

"AHHHHHHH!"

She was already free and left him behind, running with no direction, as long as she couldn't be found.

Her tears were streaming fast, she held her sobs so it won't be heard. She managed to hide behind a bakery that was already closed as no one was there.

How could you? Her mind haunted. Taking me for granted?

A prick will always be a prick.

Sleeping in tears, she covered herself with Seokmin's coat that she wore earlier in the cold. She wanted to leave so bad at that very moment. Waiting until the break of dawn was like, forever.