Chapter 5

This may cause a trigger.Read on your discretion.  Dont forget to vote/comment <3

Here's the deal about demons. They scare the shit out of you. They stalk you and mark for prey but they never reveal themselves. They are always waiting and watching in the shadows, looking for your blind spot and finally dragging you under to the pits of darkness and hopelessness. A pit where there is no getting out of.

And now they have found mine. You see I always used to think I was safe from demons in the day, at school, amongst the living. They couldn't possibly get to me here.

But I was wrong. They always get to their prey. Always. And now like domino my life falls apart and I stand in the aftermath and all the pieces I have tried picking up over the last months becomes a jumbled mess of pain and confusion again. Nothing makes sense except the pain in my chest which is threatening to crush me under its weight.

People are talking around me but I don't hear them, it's just static.

What I see clearly is the video unfurling in front of my eyes overtime I close it. Every frame burnt in my mind forever.

"You showed that to her?" my mom who sits beside me with her arms around me is livid. "Are you out of your mind?"

My mom just called the Principal Jenkins mad. I should laugh or something. But I just sit there and try to breath. My mom's smell fills my senses,lavender and sandalwood. It smells like home and warmth and tears flow freely.

"We had to," Principal Jenkins clears his throat. "We had to verify the authenticity of the video."

"What made you think Krishna would know about it?" my dad asks

"She is her friend. Was her friend," he says meeting my gaze for a beat before looking away. "I see it was a mistake, Mrs Cavalho. A lapse of judgment on my part. And for that I apologize. But my hands were tied, the school board called for an immediate meeting. You see, this is a question on the integrity of the school. We don't want parents to come hounding on our door, which they are going to sooner or later."

"Mistake? Do you have any idea what she is going through this difficult time."

"I understand Mr and Mrs Cavalho. The pain of losing a dear one is not new to me. I can sympathize with Krishna. She is our student and we have only her welfare in our mind."

"I can see that," mom says sarcastically. I give her hand a light squeeze and say, "Mom I am really tired. Can't we just go home?"

"Yes sweetie sure. We'll go home right away" she says between stroking my hair while my dad says to Principal Jenkins "If we can have your permission to take Krishna home."

"She can have the rest of the day off." Principal Jenkins nods and looks at me with a sad smile on his face. I don't want his pity or anybody else's.

"Do you want to talk about it?" mom asks on the way home.

"No." I put my head on the glass and concentrate on the engine under the car, more alive than me.

"Do you want to talk to a doctor. We can take you to Dr Phillipa's. It'll be just on the way."

"No mom. I am fine. Let's just go home. It's not a big deal"

I want to fuck you hard.

Then do it. The words from the video echo on my mind.

"We all make poor decisions sometimes," mom says. "It's not really her fault." Then it's there on her face too. Pity. I hate it when people look at me like I am sort of wounded puppy. Like there's something wrong with me and they can fix it with their pitiful gazes. I want to hit something so bad or possibly hurtle myself out of the car.