Chapter 4

Help on the Way

Walking down the hall I look all around me. Good, I thought. There is a whole bunch of students around. Slowly I edge toward the wall, leaned on it and started to breath heavier. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw some students stop and looking at me all concern.

"Hey guys is that the new transferred student. Its that second year girl right? Konoha something."

"Yeah. Her name is Konoha Izuchi if I remember correctly. Is she okay? She doesn't look well."  

Time for the big finale, I thought. Almost like the real deal, I collapse on the floor. I heard everyone talk louder and louder.  Opening my eyes slowly I see people crowding aorund me. Three, two, one, and here he comes. I heard fast paced footsteps approaching me and Kaido saying, "Hey Konoha! Are you okay? Konoha?!" I felt him pick me up and rushed off to the nurse's room leaving everyone worried. I guess I kind of felt bad for them.

In the nurse's room I heard him making up a story saying that he knew me for a long time (which is true) and that I've always been frail as a child.  Slowly convincing her to let him talk to my "father" she finally let's Kaido talk to him on the phone and the nurse walks out.

"Hello? Yes this is Konoha's classmate.  Yes, she has "collapsed". She's in the nurse's room right now.  Yes, don't worry she's fine, I'll hand over the phone to her now." Kaido hands me the phone.

"Kai? Yeah it's me. No I did not collapse that was just an act because I have a mission tonight and if I don't get there, the whole village is going to die. Yes, its the Village hidden in the Grass.  No I cant leave after school ends.  I have to leave now because it'a really far. Can you please come and pick me up so I can go? Thank you!!!! Bye." I hung up. Kaido looked at me and I nodded.

"Cool. Now you get to ditch school to save a village. If only my family would let me do that," Kaido complain. I gave him an apologetic look.

"Go back to sleep. I'll tell the nurse that your "father" is going to pick you up." Kaido pulls a chair next to me and sit there.

-15 minute later-

I hear a sound of running footsteps. Oh boy, here we go. In a moment the nurse and Kai are right next to me.

"Oh Konoha. Are you okay my child?" I try to hold back a smile. I slowly open my and and once again begin my acting.

"Huh? Where am I? Dad? What are you doing here?" I slowly get up from my bed.

"Dear, you collapsed while you we walking to class. Your friend, Kaido, brought you here," the nurse gently explain. "Your father has come to pick you up. Go home and rest now." And with that, the nurse left. I stood up from the bed and walked over to Kaido.

"Thanks buddy. Couldn't have done it without ya." I walked up even closer and gave him hug. Turning around, I saw Kai dressed up in something I've never seen him before. He had a suit and a tie on, which actually made him look like he was in his thirties, but in reality, he's only 20.

"Let's go Konoha. Remember we got to get you home." he picked up my bag and started to walk out the door. I turned to Kaido and gave him one last farewell and ran out the door.

I got in the car with Kai and we drove off. There was an awkward silence in the car.  

"Y-y-you know Kai, thanks for agreeing on letting me go. Are you still angry for using that trick just to get out of school for a mission?"

"No, actually I'm not. I understand perfectly you want to help of people so that's fine. But there one thing that bothered me. Who was that boy you hug?! Do I know him? Are you going out with this guy? What is your relationship with him?" I just rolled my eyes and replies calmly, "Kai, do you remember before we moved here, there was a boy that I would always hang out with six years ago in the counrtyside? Well that's the guy."

"What?! That's Kaido Kotetsu. That brat who would always play pranks on us? That Kaido Kotetsu?!" I nodded my head. Kai just shook his head and didn't say anything else.

"Stop right here Kai. I'll run the rest of the way thanks for driving me. Oh by the way tell Atsuna and Hiro not to worry about me though I can probably bet that Hiro doesn't really care." I hugged him goodbye and left the car. I watched drive away back into the city, waving and waited until he disappeared.

I was just outside the city and behind me was a forest. I turned around went up into a tree. There I changed into my pants that was just all black except at the bottom was white flames blowing in the wind. I had a top that had long sleeves that was also all black except for the bottom of the shirt and the ends of the sleeves had the same exact design as the pants. The way how the top was kind of like a long sleeve shirt only the fabric was made like a jacket and covered my neck. The zipper for the top had a special feature.  When I'm in a tight situation, the zipper can come off and can be turned into a small blade. Under my shirt a light chain mail only made for ninjas that is very strong and is very hard to get. And for my shoes? I just had black sandals (like in naruto).

"Alright. Let's get going. I don't have much time and I don't want to be out when it turns dark." So I put my clothes in my backpack, my pouch at the back of my pants, and the side pouch for my kunai knives  strapped to the side of my leg and finally my traveling cloak and hat.  Before I got down from the tree I put on my precious necklace that I got from Atsuna, the only real gift I got from him that will always protect me because of the trigger.  There all set and ready to go!  I gave Tokyo one last good bye and sprinted off towards the Village hidden in the Grass.