Chapter 2: Different As In Pretty

Instead of eating lunch I went to the library. I sat alone at a table in the back corner. I pulled 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' out of my bag and began reading chapter five. From the corner of my eye I saw a chair being pulled out and someone sat next to me. 

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked. 

"No, you're fine."

"I'm Toby."

"I know who you are." I smiled, "I'm Tayler's friend Alex. Remember?"

"Oh yea!"

I chuckled at him and went back to reading my book. He pulled out a math textbook and a notebook. He began writing down random equations and I sat in confusion.

"It's the first day and you already have homework?"

"My teacher's an idiot." He stated and I nod my head in understanding. 

We sat in silence the rest of the period. I don't understand how two brothers can be so sweet and not come off as jerks to me and then the other sends a bad vibe. You see, Connor has a reputation. Everyone knew him as "The Band Guy". You know, the one all the girls like, the one who can get any girl he wanted, the one who's slept with almost every girl in the entire student body. Atleast, that's what the rumors say. In my mind they were true because he looked like that type. He was the 'leader' I guess you could say in Before You Exit and the leader always gets the girls right? 

I walked to my locker after final bell and grabbed my bag. I headed towards the door and heard someone yelling my name. 

"Alex! Alex, wait up!" The too familiar voice yelled.

I rolled my eyes and stopped in my tracks. I slowly turned around, "What do you want, McDonough?"

"Can you please just tell me what I ever did to you?" He asked.

"Connor, I don't like you and that's final. Nothing you say or do is going to change that." I told him and he stood there expressionless. He looked down at the high tops on his feet and then back up at me. 

"Come with me."

"Did you not just hear me?" I asked with a bit of attitude.

"One date!" He said holding up one finger, "I promise I'll change your mind on not liking me." 

"Date? Absolutely not. I don't 'date' band guys." 

"Then atleast come with me as a friend?" He asked with hope. I rolled my eyes and sighed. 

"Fine..." I crossed my arms over my chest, "You better not try anything with me or I promise you'll never be able to play guitar again."

"I won't...." He trailed off and grabbed my arm, "Come on."

I followed him out the door and into the parking lot to where his white SUV was parked. 

"We're going out now?"

"Why not? It's not like you have anything better to do." He said to me buckling his seatbelt. 

"Maybe I do." 

"Alex, let's be real here. Tayler is like your only friend and she's with Braiden. It's the first day of school so you have no homework. What else could you possibly have to do than hang out with a good looking guy like me?" He said batting his eyelashes on that last statement. 

"Pshh, Tayler is NOT my only friend...."

"Alex...." 

"You don't know me." I stated, "Now drive so we can get this over with." 

We drove for about ten minutes until we ended up at a Starbucks. I should've figured this is where he'd take me. Typical Connor McDonough. I got out of his car and walked in. I didn't even wait for him to get out of the car. He caught up and came in the door a few seconds later. 

"A grande double chocolaty chip and a grande peppermint mocha." Connor stated. How'd he know my order? I looked at him in confusion and he just flashed me that white smile that makes everyone melt. Everyone but me....

We got our drinks and sat at a table by the window. The sun radiated his regularly bright blue eyes to a transparent blue. He smiled and took a sip of his peppermint mocha. I took a sip of my drink and then looked at Connor to see him looking at me. 

"What? Why do you keep staring at me like that?" I asked annoyed.

"Because you're different. I already told you this.."

"What do you mean by different?" 

"Different as in pretty." 

I choked on the sip I took of my drink, "Stop."

"I'm serious." 

"Yea, and I was also serious when I said if you try anything you'll never play guitar again." I said standing up from the table. 

"I can't give you a compliment?" He questioned and I began to walk away, "Where are you going?" I heard him say before the door shut behind me. I started my walk out of the Starbucks parking lot but a hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Where are you going?" Connor asked me.

"Um, home?" 

"Let me take you. You're not going to walk that far." 

"It's not that far." I said beginning to turn away but he stopped me again.

I stood there and looked into his pleading blue eyes begging me to stay with him and let him take me home. 

"Just let me take you home. It looks like it's going to rain." He said looking up at the grey clouds.

"Look, if you think I'm going to let you take me home and then invite you inside so you can get in my pants it's not going to happen!" I raised my voice a little. 

"What are you talking about?" He questioned. 

"Bye, Connor." I said and started my walk home.

A/N: Enjoy this little chapter! I think I'm going to like writing this story! Comment, Vote, you know what to do. Toodloooooo!