Chapter 12: I Just Hope You Used Protection

The three of us walked into I-Hop and took our seats at a booth in the back. My mom and I were on one side and Connor sat alone on the other side. It was dead silence as each of us scanned through the menu. The silence was awkward until my mom broke it. 

"So, what are you thinking of getting, Alex?" My mom asked me as if nothing was wrong. 

"Uhmm, chocolate chip pancakes." I replied quietly. 

"Oh, sounds yummy."

The waitress came and took our order and then we all just sat there silent. My mom would make small talk with me but that was it. For the first ten minutes of breakfast my mom wouldn't even look at Connor or acknowledge that he was with us. 

"Uhm, Mom, this is Connor." I decided to introduce him.  He opened his mouth to say something but my mom cut him off. 

"Oh, right the shirtless boy in my daughters bed." She said taking a sip of her orange juice. "I forgot you were here." 

"Mom...." I said sternly.

"What? He's just so quiet. I forgot he was here." 

I rolled my eyes at my mother as our waitress came back with our food. I thought we were going to eat in silence which we did except for one statement that came from my mom. 

"I know what you two did last night. I just hope you used protection." She said and shoved a bite of pancake in her mouth. 

My eyes shot up at Connor and we both just stared at eachother knowing that we used no protection. 

___

One week had passed since my mom met Connor. I decided it was a long enough wait and went to the drugstore and bought a few pregnancy tests. I went straight home and into the bathroom in my bedroom. I pulled one of the tests out of the boxes. I just stared at it not wanting to use it because I was afraid of the result. I sighed and followed the directions on the box.  When I was done I let the test sit for a few minutes. When I picked it up to check the result my breath hitched in my throat. I took out another test and did the same thing. When I checked it my heart rate sped up. I was ready to do one more test when I heard a knock at my door. 

"Alex?" 

My breath stopped short when I heard his voice. I quickly took all the tests and through them in the trashcan, "C-come in." I stuttered. I turned the bathroom light out just as he entered my room. 

"You okay?" He asked me. I nodded in reply and wrapped my arms around his waist. I put my head on his chest and closed my eyes wanting to forget what I just did in the bathroom. I didn't tell him about the tests. I didn't even know if I was pregnant or not. The first test came up negative, the second positive. I never got to check the third one. 

Was I pregnant?

A/N: Well, this is the last chapter of First Time. I know it sucks but I'm doing a sequet and I want you guys to tell me if you want Alex to be pregnant or not.  Let me know in the comments.