Chapter 3: I Thought I Liked You

I dreaded the next morning at school. I had to see "him". As I made my way to my locker Tayler stood there smiling at me. I gave her a confused look and opened my locker. 

"So..." She said.

"So what?" 

"How'd it go with Connor?"

I took notebooks for my first two classes out and shut my locker door, "How'd you know about that?" I asked.

"I'm your bestfriend, Alex. I know everything." We walked into homeroom and signed in. We sat down and she stared at me waiting for me to tell her every detail. 

"Nothing happened. I actually walked out." 

"What? Why?" 

"I hate him, Tayler. You know that!"

"But he's the sweetest guy ever! Give him a chance!" She pleaded.

"A chance? A chance to sleep with me? Absolutely not." I told her while tapping my pencil on my desk. 

"He's not like that....not that I know of anyway..." She said uncertain.

Next thing I knew a tall blonde was sitting in front of me. He was different today. He didn't turn around to bug me. I was kind of disappointed but I soon brushed it off when the first bell rang. 

__

When lunch came around I decided to sit with Tayler, Braiden, Riley, and Connor again. This time I sat next to Tayler and across from both McDonough's. I went up to the lunch line with Tayler and she turned to me. 

"I don't know what you said to him but he's really upset." 

"Good..." I said and paid for my bag of chips and water. I walked back to the table and Connor sat there alone. He looked up at me quickly and then looked back down at his phone screen. "Where'd Riley and Braiden go?" I asked him. He looked up in surprise that I actually spoke to him. 

"Went to get in line." He said not taking his eyes off of his phone, "Can I ask you something?" 

"I guess so..." 

"What'd I say to you yesterday that set you off? I mean I didn't think it was a big deal to tell a girl she was pretty. Also, about what you said right before you left. You know, about me getting 'in your pants' or whatever. I don't know who you think I am but I'm not like that." 

"Really? You're going to sit there an tell me "The Connor McDonough" is a virgin? Please, you've probably been with tons of girls." I snapped. He sat there in shock. 

"Why do you think I've slept with so many girls? Is it cause I'm in a band?" He asked and I just sat there with no response. "Don't judge a book by its cover." He said and got up and started to walk away. He stopped midway and turned back around and walked back to me. "I though you were different and I thought I liked you." Now he was walking away for good this time. 

Tayler, Braiden, and Riley came back and sat down. They looked around and so did I. Everyone was either glancing at me or staring. I didn't know Connor and I made such a scene. I crouched down behnd Tayler and hid from embarassment. 

A/N: Short chapter, sorry! I'll update again tomorrow maybe? idk. Enjoy!