Chapter 9: Will You Come In?

Two o'clock on a Saturday comes pretty early when you slept in until noon. I dragged my tired body out of bed and walked downstairs, my messy bun bobbed up and down as I walked. I made my way into the kitchen and opened my bestfriend: the refrigerator. I pulled out the milk and when I shut the door I noticed a note on the refrigerator. 

Alexandria,

Went on a business trip for the weekend. Didn't want to wake you. 

I'll be back late Monday night. There's money in the cookie jar. 

Love,

Mom xoxo

I crumpled the note up and threw it into the trash can. I poured a bowl of cereal and watched some tv. I checked the time. It was now one o'clock. My eyes shot open after realizing Connor would be here in an hour to pick me up. What do I wear? I don't even know where he's taking me! 

I guessed on how much I knew Connor (not a lot) and what kind of date he would take me on. I decided to wear high wasted dark wash jeans and a coral cropped tank top. I beached waved my light brown hair and barely put any make up on. By the time I got downstairs and slipped my white toms on it was 1:53. Seven minutes until Connor would pick me up. 

To be honest, I was nervous for this date. My mind started to like Connor even though he was a 'band guy'. 1:56 and his white SUV pulled into my driveway. Butterflies filled my stomach and I watched from the window as his gray supras hit the pavement on his way to the door. I opened the door before he could even reach for the doorbell. 

"Um, hi." I smiled.

"Hi." He replied smiling back. "You ready to go?" He asked putting his hands in the pockets of his black skinny jeans. I nodded and we both got into his car. 

We drove for what felt like forever. Connor refused to tell me where we were going. I knew we weren't far from my house but it felt like I was stuck in this car for days. We didn't talk at all. The car was dead silent. The only noise was the faint song comng from the car radio but it was so faint I couldn't even make out what song it was. 

After what I think is twenty minutes we pulled into Fun Spot America. I looked at Connor and smiled and he smiled back in return. 

"Let's go!" He said jumping out like a little kid.

I got out of the car and we paid to get in. We headed directly to the go karts. 

I took a seat in my go kart and Connor took a seat in his. We buckled up and he looked over at me and smiled. 

"You're going down." He said gripping his steering wheel. 

"No, you are McDonough." I replied and the light infront of us turned green. I put my foot down on the gas pedal and was off. Connor was right beside me. We went around the track six times. Connor and I stayed side by side each lap until the last few feet. I stepped on the gas harder and I sped up just enough to cross the finish line before him. 

"Ha! I win!" I said getting out of my go kart. I walked over to Connor as he was unbuckling his seatbelt. 

"We will have a rematch at some point." He said getting up out of the go kart. He took my hand and dragged me off the track. "You hungry?" He asked.

"I could go for some cheese fries, yes." I told him and he chuckled.

"Alright, come on." 

After ordering our basket of cheese fries and two sprites we sat down at a table. I didn't really know what to say to him. I sipped on my drink and popped a fry into my mouth. I reached back down to the fries the same time as Connor. That cliche moment happened and our hands touched. We both flinched and brought our hands back. I started to chuckle and so did he.

"Are you having fun?" He asked me with hope in his voice. I nodded and smiled in reply while sipping my sprite.  "Good. Me too." He said.

We finished up our food and then went on a couple more rides until we were both tired and decided to head home. 

We pulled into my driveway and I stayed seated in the car. Connor and I both looked forward at my dark house ahead of us. I reached for my seatbelt and unclasped it. I opened the door to get out but stopped myself. 

"Will you come in?" I asked him a little hesitant. 

"Sure." He smiled. 

We both walked up to my front door. My hands were shaky when I went to unlock it and I wasn't sure why. Was I nervous? Why would I be nervous? I finally got the key in and unlocked the door. We walked in and I dropped my house keys in the bowl on the little table by the door. Connor also dropped his car keys in there. 

"You know, you're spending an awful lot of time with a guy you don't really like." Connor informed me. I just rolled my eyes and then headed upstairs to my room. I felt Connor following close behind me. 

I could feel Connor watching me as I took my shoes off and placed them in my closet. I stopped and turned around and looked right at him. I bit my lip and walked closer to him. I walked to him until we were only inches apart. 

"I think you did it. I think you changed my mind." I told him.

"What do you mean?" He asked moving closer to me so there was no space between us. 

"I mean, I don't think I hate you anymore." 

A/N: uggghhhh! I'm so done with this story and I have writers block on it! gah! Okay. Comment, vote! Toodles!