Chapter 7: You Don't Even Know The Real Me

I ran out into the hallway in hopes nobody would follow me but I knew someone did when I heard yells from the cafeteria door. 

"Go get it in Connor."

"Go tap that!" 

People yelled as the doors opened and then they faded out as the doors closed again. I was at the end of the hallway and making my turn around the corner until he grabbed my wrist.

"Let go...." I muttered not looking back at him. He kept his grib. "Connor, let go of me." 

"No." He stated firmly. "Now, look at me."

I shook my head and looked down at the tiled floor below me. My eyes got blurry and I wasn't sure why. Maybe it was because the whole school thought I was a slut who slept around with band members or maybe it's because I thought I knew Connor. 

"Look at me, Alex." He said softly. I heard sadness in his voice so I slowly turned myself around. My body was facing him but I couldn't bring my head up to look at him.

"Please, just leave me alone." I told him, my voice becoming shaky.

"What did I do? Why did you slap me? I thought we were cool?" He asked.

"You haven't heard what everyones been saying? You didn't see anything wrong with what people yelled to you as you walked out of the cafeteria?" I asked annoyed and astonished that he was acting so dumbfounded about all of this. He stood there with his eyebrows knit in confusion. 

"I just ignored what they were yelling. I have no idea what you're talking about. Plus, I just got to school." 

"When I got to school all I heard was 'skank! slut! whore!' coming from all directions!" I told him finally looking at him.

"What? Why? Why would people call you those names?"

"Because they think we had sex." His face was in even more confusion now. He took a step back from me and started to laugh. 

"You think I spread this rumor?" He laughed. I looked down at my feet and then back up at him. "Pfft, I can't believe you think I'd be so shallow to spread a rumor like that. I'm not some disrespectful asshole, Alex." He said with an angrier tone. 

"But you're a band guy. There's so many rumors about you."

"RUMORS!! Didn't I tell you not to believe everything you hear? I still can't believe you'd pin this rumor on me when you don't even know the real me!" He said pointing at me. "I thought I liked you but you judge too quickly." 

He walked past me and headed down the hallway. I put my back up against the wall and slid down. When I hit the floor tears escaped my eyes. Why was I crying over him? I don't even like him. A shadow fell over me and I looked up to see a face with small similarities to Connor's. Riley held his hand out for me and I took it. He pulled me up off the floor and pulled me into a hug. I burried my face into his chest and cried. 

"Can I tell you something?" Riley asked me and I nodded into his chest, "Connor...you see...he's very.....how do I put this...sensitive." He said and I looked up at him. "You're not the only one who knows about these rumors. Almost every girl knows so nobody wants to date him. When you came along he told me  you were different like maybe he had a shot with you even though he knew you hated his guts. He liked you...alot."

"I just don't like being the girl in the rumors." I told him.

"Connor doesn't like being the star of the rumors." Riley told me. I pulled away from him and wiped the tears from my cheeks. "He shouldn't be far. Go find him." I nodded my head and headed down the hallway in search for Connor. 

A/N: Short chapter but atleast I updated. I hate this chapter but I don't know what else to put in here until i get to the "First Time" aspect of the story. Anywho, ENJOY! Comment and Vote please! 

Thanks for reading! :)