Date

Louis’ Perspective:

March 1st 2018

I see Victoria walking out to the car. She looks absolutely gorgeous.  Even with her simple outfit, it fits her body so well. I still can’t believe she agreed to come with me.

I have to make everything perfect.

“Hi.” She says getting in the car.

“You look nice.” I say.

“Thanks.” She says awkwardly.

I start driving. “Where would you like to eat?” I ask.

“Where ever is fine.” She says.

Damn. She doesn’t want to be here.

“Pizza Hut?” I suggest.

“Pizzas cool.” She says.

I drive to the closest Pizza Hut around and we walk inside.

“What do you want on your pizza?” I ask her.

“Doesn’t matter. Just not bacon. Or ham.” She says.

“We can get just cheese, Sound good?” I ask.

“Sounds delicious.” She says.

The waitress comes up to us and her eyes widen. “Are you Victoria and Louis?” She asks.

“Yeah?” Victoria says confused.

“My children loved the TV show you were on. Could I have an autograph?” She asks.

“At the end of our dinner we’d be happy to.” I tell her.

“What would you like to eat?” She asks extremely happy.

“Cheese pizza please.” I say.

“And to drink?”

“Just water for me please.” Victoria says.

“I’ll have the same.” I say. Then the waitress walks off to the kitchen.

“I was in a TV show?” Victoria asks. I nod my head. “So what? Am I like a superstar or something?” She asks.

“Yeah, plus now you own half of Russia and you’re the new queen of Britain.” I say sarcastically.

“Well that means I need to cross those two places off my list of destruction.” She says.

I can help but chuckle. “So that’s your secret plan?” I ask.

“You know it.” She says.

The waitress comes back with the pizza and our drinks. “You two are so cute together.” She says.

I smile to myself.

“Oh, no, we aren’t together.” Victoria says which drops the smile right off my face. I thought maybe we were having a moment there.

“We are just,” she pauses like she’s looking for the word to say.

“Work friends.” I say finishing her sentence.

“Yeah.” Victoria says.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” The waitress says.

“It’s fine. Thanks for the pizza.” Victoria says.

“Just doing my job.” The waitress says back then leaves our table.

She couldn’t even say we are friends.

There’s silence for a long time. It goes until we both finish eating.

The waitress comes back, “Who’s taking the check?” She asks.

At the same time Victoria and I both same “Me.”

“I took you out for dinner so I’m paying.” I tell her.

“I’m not accepting that.” She says.

“Just let me pay the check and we will go somewhere else after.” I say.

“Fine, you can pay the check then drive me back to Raven’s.” She says.

My heart stops.

What.

Just.

Happened.

“I must say in all the years we were together you’ve never been like this.” I tell her.

“When we were together. We aren’t anymore, people change. I’ve changed. I’m not who I was before the crash and you need to accept that.” She says getting out of her seat.

“You want me to drive you home now?” I ask.

“No thanks, I think I’ll take a cab.

“I’m sorry.” I say to her.

“I don’t even know what to say to that.” She says, she turns around and adds, “I told you this was a mistake.” Then she walks away.

She’s right. She is nothing like the Victoria I knew.

How could someone change so much?

I give the waitress money. “Sorry we couldn’t give you our autographs.” I say then leave to my car.

Victoria’s Perspective:

As I get into the cab I see Louis leaving Pizza Hut.

I know I shouldn’t have snapped at him but he keeps thinking I’m someone that I’m not.

It’s true, I’m different now and he needs to accept that.

I get to Raven’s and enter the house. Raven and Liam are on the couch.

“Hey.” Raven says.

“Hi.” I say walking to my room.

“Wait, aren’t you going to tell us about your night?” Raven asks.

“Yeah, how was it?” Liam asks.

“Ask him, or he might be drinking by now so you might not get a hold of him.” I say walking into my room then shutting the door.

I lean against my door and hear Liam say, “I better call Lou. Go talk to her.”

Fun.

As expected a few seconds later there is a knock on my door. “It’s me, Raven. Can I come in?” She asks.

“Go for it.” I say.

She sits on my bed as I put my purse away.

“So? What happened?” She asks.

“I told you to ask Louis.” I tell her.

“Yeah, Liam’s on that. I wanted to hear it from you. Why didn’t you tell me you were going?” She asks.

“I didn’t tell you because I was still deciding at that time.” I tell her.

“So he was the ‘wrong’ number?” She asks.

“I wish he did have the wrong number.” I say.

“So did you like ditch him or something?” She asks.

“It’s not ditching when you tell him you’re taking a cab home then say to him that you knew it wasn’t a good idea to go out with him.” I say.

“And how did that happen?” She asks yet another question.

“He thinks I’m someone I’m not and I set him straight.” I tell her. “It was actually exhilarating.” I add.

“Well I guess being honest is better.” She says.