chapter twenty five

"i am yours, you are mine
not going anywhere
i am standing by your side
i will love you til the end of time
i will love you til the day we die."

~

Finnick's POV:

She's in my arms the moment I wake up, and for a minute I feel completely disoriented. Instead of waking up to the thought of her, I wake up to being next to her, and that puts a smile on my face that I'm unable to wipe away. I can't help but stare at her. The absence of her presence has made me feel empty; broken. She's here now, and she looks so beautiful when she's asleep, and I can't stop staring. I can't believe how beautiful she is - she doesn't think so, but she is a masterpiece.

Her eyes suddenly flutter open, softly and slowly. She smiles and I realize that all those days and hours and minutes of suffering, of watching her not remember me and be in pain; all of that was worth it now that I get to see her smile. Bright and glowing and the only thing that's worth looking at in the room.

"What?" she whispers, her voice not quite there yet this early in the morning.

I look into her eyes and I don't want to blink - I want to look into her eyes every second of the day because of their inexplicable beauty that I'm unable to fathom into words.

"Nothing," I respond, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear, "but did you know that you are the most beautiful person on this planet?"

She laughs lightly. "I think you're wrong about that, but thank you," she says. "Now can you stop staring at me?"

I frown. "That's not fair. You're the only thing I like looking at in this place."

She rolls her eyes. "I hate you."

"You know you don't," I say with a smirk, leaning in and pressing my lips on her neck. She gives in; allowing me to kiss her weak spot, then across her jaw, then stopping right at her lips.

"Fine, I love you," she says breathlessly. "Don't I at least get a kiss for that?"

I grin and our lips finally meet. Her hands tangle in my hair and my body presses against hers, and it's difficult to finally separate to catch our breathes. And once we do, I pause for second to soak in her beauty: radiant and vibrant, soft and aglow. Then I kiss her again.

~

Caterina's POV:

Only a couple days have passed before things have started to speed up again. But still, I'm not allowed to do much. Isabelle insists that I take a full recovery in order to prevent any further injuries. So, now, all I can do is sit and observe the way things work around here. But since I've been unable to do anything, I spent every day sitting and watching - and I can't help but see that the way things are run here by Coin are painfully similar to the Capitol.

Finnick sits down with a full tray of food and sets it in front of me. "Are you hungry?"

I turn to face him. "I have a bad feeling about Coin," I say, ignoring his question. "Don't you think she's a little suspicious?"

Finnick shrugs and takes a sip of water. "I think we've all noticed it, but no one is saying anything. Probably because they're scared of what will happen."

I scoff. "Scared of what? Are we not already in the midst of a war?"

He sighs. "I guess so. But we'll worry about that when we absolutely need to. Right now I want you to take all that stress off your shoulders and just relax. You've been through so much pain and suffering for so long."