Chapter Twelve-Snapes Discovery

The month droned on and they soon found themselves in the middle of March, the O.W.L.S growing closer by the second. The fifth years hardly had time to do anything other than homework. Harry now had to spend his nights with Malfoy doing Homework instead of talking. Malfoy insisted that they didn't talk so they could get through their homework. Obediently, Harry spent his time with him in silence getting through the piles that accumulated over the week.

He didn't mind all that much. Just being in Malfoy's presence was enough, he knew how important these tests were to him. Well mostly to his father who would be expecting him to come off at the top of his year, but Malfoy still cared.   

Hermione did not like his disappearances much, at least Ron had the excuse of Quidditch practice. But Harry, he didn't have an excuse. He had used the excuse of detention with Snape too often for her to believe it anymore. Especially since she was in class with him and knew exactly how much detention Snape gave him each time.

He had also grown quite careless over time, growing accustomed to the fact that he had not been caught, he was starting to let his guard down and his excuses to fall short of satisfactory.

"It's Malfoy, isn't it?" She asked one night before he left the common room. He stared, stunned. He really couldn't hide anything from her.

"No. Why would you think that? He hates me." Harry stated. He was going to lie to the very end, even though he knew it was impossible to get out of Hermione finding out.

"You don't have to lie to me. I won't tell anyone."

There was no way out of this, she knew. But of course, there could be worse people to have found out instead of her. "Fine, it's Malfoy. Happy?" She smiled brightly and went back to the book she was reading. He got out of there as quickly as he possibly could. In his tremendous attempt to get to the tower first, he had forgotten to put on his invisibility cloak. It didn't really matter, he still had an hour until curfew. He turned the corner sharp and ran straight into Snape. He staggered backward and scowled up at Snape.

"Potter. I've been meaning to speak with you about our next lesson." He said in his usual emotionless tone of voice. He groaned, not another lesson.

"Yes, well," Harry said impatiently.

"Have somewhere to be, Potter? I couldn't imagine where that would be, this late at night."

"It's not that late, besides I have lots of studying to get done before tomorrow," he cleared his mind just in case Snape tried to look into his mind and find out if he was lying.

" Your next lesson is tomorrow, right after your last class."

"And what about dinner?"

Without an answer, Snape sauntered down the hall. He really didn't want to have another lesson but there was nothing he could do about it. But, grateful to get out of Snape's presence, Harry sprinted to the tower to find that Malfoy was already there, books dispersed across the floor. "I win," Malfoy said, not looking up from his book.

"I ran into Snape. I've got detention tomorrow," He lied. "I can't come." He had not yet told him about his dreams of the ministry or of his occlumency lessons.

"Alright, I don't know how I'll be able to get anything done without your endless chatter," He said sarcastically. 

The moonlit his pale face and made it a vibrant bright blue and when he looked up at Harry, his eyes shone a deep greyish blue making them look watery. Harry stared mesmerized by his facial structure. Malfoy smirked, "like what you see?"

Harry laughed. "Yes, actually. Very much." There was a silence and Draco got up from where he stood so he could stand by Harry. They stared into each other's eyes, both of them knew what would happen after that.