Chapter Twenty Five-A Hollow Tune

"No matter what happens,

 I will be by your side. 

I know your scars will remain, 

forever and ever as a reminder of what I did.

 I'm sorry. 

I truly am.

I just hope that in the long run,

you'll forgive me,

so that I will not lose you."

----------------

 Harry spent every evening after his classes with Draco in the hospital wing, who was still unconscious. He had begun to wish that he would've never picked up that book and kept it. Who makes a spell that does that? He convinced madam pomfrey to let him stay a few hours every night. He spent those few short hours telling him in great detail what had happened to him that day. He occasional put hand through his hair or kissed him on his lips when madam pomfrey's back was turned

She told him that he would be alright, but his scars would never heal. That was what Harry feared, that Draco would have that constant reminder of what he had done to him. A constant reason to be angry and to hate him. But not more than he feared that Draco would never speak to him again. He was afraid that he would lose him. Draco had every right to be angry at him, he had almost killed him. If not for Snape, he would have probably died.  

Harry couldn't bear to think about it. He held onto Draco's hand tightly, bringing it up to his lips and kissing it softly. He would never forgive him. Not for this. He left that night with a hollow feeling in his chest, as soon as Draco awoke, he would be gone. He didn't know if that was much better than him dying. Either way, he would be gone.

Harry couldn't stop the tears from rolling down the side of his face.

-----------

Draco woke the next morning in tremendous pain. His chest felt as if there were several metric tons upon him. He gasped for breath, not sure if he would be able to breathe with that much weight on his chest. He coughed and groaned from the pain of taking in the air.

"Oh dear, oh dear." he heard from beside his bed. "Drink this." a beaker was then shoved past his lips and a cold liquid ran down his throat. The pain eased, and his breathing normalized. "Better?"

He nodded. He felt so calm, he almost forgot what had happened. Harry. He sat up hastily, Harry had put him here. He felt immediate anger.

No, you can't be angry, you almost used an unforgivable on him. Yes, but he wouldn't leave, you warned him, you are so stupid, why didn't you just let him help you. There was nothing he could do. He could've figured out something. No, just because he was Harry Potter doesn't mean he could fix everything. You know that's not true. Draco argued with himself for hours after. Laying in the hospital bed. He didn't know how to feel. He wanted to forgive him, but how could he? He could've died. 

It didn't matter though, he didn't have to make up with him. Maybe it would help Harry cope with what Draco was going to do him. He rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands. He couldn't back out now. He had to finish his mission.

The mark on his arm burned. He grasped at it. It was time. He lept up from the bed, tiptoeing out the door. His chest stung with every step but he carried on. Trying to take softer steps. He entered the room of requirement, stepping in front of the vanishing cabinet. You don't have to do this, Draco's inner Harry voice said, find a way out. There has to be another way.

He unlocked it and thrust it open. Holding his breath as his fellow death eater stepped out and into the room beside him, some clapped him on the back for a job well done, but he did not feel like it was that great, he felt like he was going to be sick.

"I am very proud of you Draco," His father said. "You know what to do next, right." He nodded. He did not dare open his mouth, just in case he threw up. "Now Harry and Dumbledore should be re-entering the castle in any minute, wait for Harry by the main entrance and bring him up to the astronomy tower. Tell him death eaters have entered the castle and they are attempting to kill you, tell him it's to keep him safe. Stun him, he won't be expecting it from you, disarm Dumbledore first and used the killing curse, we'll meet you up there when you're done to escort Harry to the manor. Good luck."

They left Draco alone in the room, they were off to fight off staff and student who would try and stop him. He did not like it, he felt like he was still in the hospital wing, sleeping, and this was all just a dream. His real task wouldn't take effect for months. 

He ran his sweaty hands along his slacks and walked to the main entrance of the castle, where he would wait for Harry and Dumbledore to arrive. Where had they gone, this late at night? Surely the headmaster did not have the power to take students off of the school grounds. There were screams from behind him, the battle had begun.

Moments later he saw Harry's figure out in the distance coming from Hogsmeade, he was running with something along his shoulders, it must have been Dumbledore. Was he hurt? When he got to the front steps Draco ran out to them. "Harry!" he yelled.

"Draco! You're okay!" he almost dropped Dumbledore at the sight of him. "Draco, what's going on? We saw the dark mark, up in the sky, above the castle, what is going on?"

"Death eaters have entered the castle, we have to get to the astronomy tower. We need to hide. It will be the safest."

"What's going on?"

"I'll explain everything, later." Draco cupped his face in his hands and kissed him, the last time. He grabbed Harry's hand that wasn't propping up the headmaster and dragged him up the tower. Harry laid Dumbledore on the floor and turned to face him.

"Listen, Draco I am so sorry about I did to you, I had no idea what the spell did and-"

"Harry, we can't worry about that right now, I forgive you. You didn't mean it." Draco's heart sped up and tears filled his eyes. "Harry, I am so sorry-"

"Sorry, what do-?"

"Stupefy!" Draco said with his wand pointing at Harry's chest. Harry fell limp to the floor. He shook and turned to Dumbledore. He tried to aim but his hand wouldn't stay still. He hastily wiped the tears from his cheeks. "I am so sorry, Harry!" He yelled Harry's name at the top of his lungs and sobbed.  

Just then his aunt, Antonin Dolohov, and Snape entered the tower, He wondered why they were there, had the battle already finished?

"Get ahold of yourself, Draco. You are a Malfoy, and Malfoy's do not act like this. Now kill him, finish it." Bellatrix yelled.

Draco did not move, He looked from Harry's body to Dumbledore's body. He knew what he had to do but he couldn't bring himself to do it. 

Snape pushed Draco aside, "Avada Kedavra," there was a flash of green light. "You." Snape turned to Draco, "carry, Potter downstairs."

"Y-you want me to-?"

"Yes, pick him up. We must leave."

He exited with the others and he was left alone with Harry's stunned body and Dumbledore's dead body. Shakily he got up and carried Harry bridal style down the steps.

"I'm going to keep you safe, I have a plan. Please just trust me," Draco said to him. "just trust me." The hollow feeling in his chest remained. He did not have a plan.