chapter eleven-Stay Put, Please?

Harry wakes to feel Draco's hot breath on his face. He smiles and lays still, not wanting to wake him and get rid of the feeling. Just as he closes his eyes once more the door flies open and both boys immediately sit up and scoot away from each other.

"Awe, don't get your panties in a twist, it's just us," Hermione said as she and Ron entered the room with a tray of food.

"What time is it?" Harry asked with a mouth full of food. He finished his toast in one bite and went onto another as one hand shoveled eggs into his mouth.

"It's only about one in the afternoon," Ron said shrugging his shoulders.

Harry choked, "why did you not wake me up earlier? I thought we agreed on eight?" he put down the rest of his food. He rushes towards the door with Ron and Hermione. "We've got lots to do today," he says.

"But I'm not done yet," Draco complains. Harry looks up awkwardly at him and smiles.

"That's okay, you're, uh, staying here."

"Excuse me?" he asks. He raises his eyebrow and puts down everything that was in his hands. He stands up and asks the question again.

"Draco it's not safe-"

"Which is exactly why you shouldn't go either. How do you think the ministry will react when they see you are still alive? Not kindly. They'll want the truth and-"

"You're a death eater. You can't just stroll in and expect everything to be fine."

"If I'm with you-"

"No, Draco-"

"Don't you 'no Draco' me."

"Look, I have a plan. It doesn't involve you, I don't want you to get taken."

"Oh, it doesn't involve me? Am I not good enough for the famous Harry Potter, the boy who saved us all? We would all be dead without him, let's all bow down to him and give him whatever he wants."

Ron and Hermione give each other a look of concern before walking out the door and closing it behind them, leaving the two alone to argue. "No that is not why I just don't want you to get arrested. God Draco, you really think I am that self-centered."

"Yeah I kind of do, 'they'll listen to me Because I'm Harry Potter.' I shit you not, those are your actual words," Draco said scornfully. they glared at each other. Before Harry left the room, slamming the door shut.

"Yeah real mature, leaving because you don't have a proper argument." he heard Draco yell as he ran down the stairs. Hadn't they been doing this just two nights before, fighting like two teenage girls? He growled with anger and as he entered the sitting room, everyone stood up and tried to reach out to him.

"Is everything-" Mr.Weasley began.

"No," He yelled. "Everything's not okay." he ran out to the garden and rested his arms on the fence, looking out to the fields that extended outward past the house. Why had things gotten more complicated now? He remembered back in fifth year when they would laugh and practically never fight. They had zero cares, just each other and a lot of homework. It wasn't until he got the mark that things started going to hell. "It's all his fault," he said through gritted teeth. He was trying not to scream at him.

Harry looked at the window on the top floor where their room had been. He noticed Draco's blonde head rested against it, facing the other way. "Goddammit, Draco." he stood by the fence for some time, staring at the back of his head until he got up from the stop and started pacing. He watched his mouth move as he talked to himself. Grumbling at the floor. Harry tried to stay angry and not find him attractive when he did this but it was almost impossible. He had to turn away.

Ginny came out of the house moments after he turned away and stood next to him. She put her arm around his shoulder and he tensed up. He cleared his throat, "Ginny?"

"Harry, if things aren't working out for you and Malfoy-"

"What makes you say that? Things are fine. Stay out it." he shot back. He was suddenly really annoyed. He knew where she was heading with this.

"It doesn't look like it. If he's causing you pain, maybe you should let him go. I think he would be a lot happier. I think you would be a lot happier too." Ginny ran her hand along his back, making him shiver.

"No, I love him. I wouldn't give him away for the world. We have some tough times, sure. Every relationship does. We just tend to have a lot more than normal, but that doesn't mean I don't love him the same as I did when we first started dating. If anything I love him more. It's those tough times that make us stronger, they prove to us that we can do anything together. Sorry, that was really...cheesy."

"Yeah, it kind of was." she flipped her hair over her shoulder and left him. In a way, he was glad. He used to enjoy her company as a friend, he was unsure of what happened to make her change. She used to be really supportive of his relationship, but now, she was trying to convince him to break up. He gripped the fence harder. He needed to go back in and talk to Draco. He didn't want him anywhere near the ministry, but how was he going to prompt him to do so. He sighed and looked back up at the window. He was no longer there.

He heard the door open and he didn't bother looking at who had exited, he knew for certain it was Draco. He stood behind him and rested his blond head on his back. He wrapped his arms around him just above the hipbones and squeezed.

"Harry, I'm sorry. I guess you were right. It's not easy for me to admit that, but Mr.Weasley kind of convinced me that it was for the best that I stay here. Be careful Harry. Don't give them any more information than is necessary. Got it?"

"Yes, mother," Harry said rolling his eyes. "I love you Draco," he said after a few moments of silence.

"I love you too, Harry."