Keeping You Safe

A/N

Holy French Toast!!! It's been soo soooo sooooo long since I've updated this story! I just wanted to thank everyone who has been reading this, ALL of you are beautiful and AWESOME!! Anyway I hope you guys enjoy this next part. :D

*1 Month After Last Chapter*

Akame's POV 

"Where am I?", I say quietly to myself as I continue through the dark, thick forest. Looking down I was surprised to see myself in only a black lace nightgown and nothing more. This is weird...I don't remember changing into this..."Come closer", I gasped at the sudden whisper and squinted my eyes as I tried to make out anyone that might be around me. "Come closer...", that sounded closer than the last, I thought and began speeding up my pace. "Come closer!", the voice was now shouting and before I knew it I was sprinting through the forest trying my best to get away from it. Looking forward I noticed a small clearing and decided to head for it as the voice continued to grow louder. Once inside the clearing, the voice stopped and I bent over trying to catch my breath. At least the voice stopped, but it still doesn't explain how I got here, I thought as I began to relax. 

"Akame?", I turned around and was shocked as I took in the sight before me. My grandmother who had died just a few months ago was sitting in the middle of the clearing with her back to me. Her soft white hair was set loose from her usual bun and her light blue nightgown blew softly with the breeze. "S-Soba how are you here?", I quietly stuttered out while slowly making my way towards her. She didn't answer instead she held her hand out towards me, Something about this doesn't feel right, I thought and stopped just shy of her hand. A quick flash of white blinded my vision and the next thing I knew I was pinned down to the ground, cautiously opening my eyes I was greeted with the most horrific sight. My sweet grandmother had both of my hands pinned above my head, her pale skin was littered with black and dark purple bruises, and there were deep holes where her eyes should be. I turned my face to the side as a large sadistic grin spread across her features and she lowered her face to mine. "Akame...Come closer!"

Springing up in the bed my head smacked into something hard and I fell back onto the pillow and heard something hit the floor. Rubbing my head I slowly made my way to the edge of the bed and heard a slight groan, looking down I was greeted with the sight of a certain blonde haired vampire sitting on the floor rubbing his forehead. "S-Shu?", I questioned, "You were having a nightmare", he answered back while pulling himself off the floor and back onto the bed. I looked down at my hands as heat began to rise to my cheeks at the embarrassment of having bothered him and then head budding him onto the floor, "Do you want to talk about it?", "No, not really", I replied still avoiding his gaze. He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me back under the covers with him. I knew it was still early in the night, but I really didn't want to fall asleep again after that nightmare, and instead decided to lay awake. "Go back to sleep", slightly jumping I turned and was greeted by two sapphire orbs staring into my own. "I don't want to", I admitted quietly and began wriggling out of his grasp and out of the bed. Wow, I look like I haven't slept in days, I thought incredulously as I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My hair was a complete mess, my skin looked paler than usual, and dark bags had formed under my eyes. "Maybe a bath will help", I told myself while gathering everything I'd need to relax. 

"Mmmm this is exactly what I needed", I sighed out while sinking further into the warm bubble filled water. "Mind if I join you?", I gasped and instantly covered my chest while looking up at the smirking eldest Sakamaki, "Yes I do mind. I'm naked, p-please leave", I choked out completely flustered and embarrassed by him looking me up and down. He simply smirked and began undressing, Why is this happening?!, scooting to the farthest end of the bathtub I looked down and tried to cover myself even more. I shuttered as I felt the water rise as he entered the tub, "Akame, there's no point in covering yourself. I already saw everything", I glared at the lazy blonde and threw a bottle of shampoo at his head, which he easily dodged and I curled up even more in the corner that I was in. "Shu why are you in here?", I asked after a few moments of silence, "Isn't it obvious, I wanted to take a bath", "...And you couldn't do that once I was done with mine?", I questioned. "I would miss the view, if I did that", he replied sending a wink in my direction. Man am I glad I moved to the side where all the shampoos and soaps are, I thought sending a few more containers his way, successfully hitting him on the head.