02| Breathing

"I, Adrien Agreste, promise to love you unconditionally. I will love you for you, no matter what you do. I'll cherish you, respect you, and comfort you in your time of need. I shall treasure you, til' death do us part."

   A silver, diamond-encrusted ring was slipped onto Marinette's ring finger. She curved the edges of her mouth and smiled up at Adrien. Adrien held onto Marinette's soft, smooth hand. Her hair was down and reached just below her shoulders. A strapless dress hung onto her chest and draped across her petite frame. She had in her hair a silver tiara which sparkled when the sun kissed it. And in her hands a lightly decorated bouquet ranging of the colours red and black.

   Marinette muttered under her breath. "I love you."

* * *

   Adrien and Marinette stood outside the white, glaring church. Colourful windows caped the walls of the ceremonial building, and an arch stood grandly outside the door. Beautiful flowers camouflaged the white-painted arch and showed off its beauty. Pink, red, and yellow flowers grew from the healthy vines which wrapped the white, wooden frame.

   Adrien looked down at his sparkling wife. Marinette watched gleefully up at her handsome husband. They were married.

   The moment lost, ruined by the screaming that echoed throughout the town. Smoke arose from the buildings which were being demolished. Adrien looked towards Marinette with concern.

   "Marinette, you stay here. I'm going to go check it out!" Adrien caressed her cheek and then began to run towards the confusion.

   "But what about you?" Marinette questioned, lurking in her tone a worried expression.

   Adrien turned and faced his precious princess. He smiled.

   "I'm just going to check it out. Nothing will happen, I promise!"

   With the burned image of Adrien's smile in Marinette's mind, she felt at ease. His words calmed her. And of course, the famous superhero, Ladybug, would protect him. Marinette clutched onto the ends of her puffy, white, wedding dress and stepped over into a secluded area. A small character with black spots covering her appeared.

   "Tikki, Transform me!"

   Engulfing her in bright lights, Marinette transformed into the saviour of Paris, Ladybug. Her sleek, black and red suit clung tightly to her figure. She swung her yoyo around in the air and latched onto building after building until she appeared at the scene. A man stood in a completely blue outfit which reached up to around his neck. He was brunette and carried around with him a small blue tablet. Covering his eyes were a pair of goggles which was rigid around his skin. As he typed furiously onto the tablet, buildings, cars, and even people disappeared.

   Behind the blue character crept Ladybug's silly kitty. He pounced on the akumatized boy and swiped his baton across his head. The boy stood in place not moving an ounce. This surprised Chat as he leapt backwards. Turning his gaze to Chat he typed on his tablet as Chat's shapeshifting baton was released from his black, leather-covered hands. It had gone.

   "It's no use! I'm unstoppable!" the boy chuckled. "Because I'm the hacker!"

   Chat Noir repeated the name, muttering under his breath. Ladybug stepped closer to the villain.

   "Unstoppable, huh? Let's ju-"

   Ladybug had been stopped dead in her tracks. Caught in her throat... Was nothing? The thing was, she simply could not breathe. She lifted her arms to her throat as Chat Noir leapt towards her. Stopped by the air itself, Chat just couldn't get to her. He had been left banging on a dome which encased him and rendered him helpless. The hacker trapped the air from getting to her, which disallowed her to breathe. And all he could do was watch.

* * *

   As Ladybug clutched longingly at her throat she collapsed. The force that kept Chat Noir away dispersed into nothing. Tears stained his eyes as he stared up at the winning villain. Fused with anger and lust for revenge Chat Noir applied Cataclysm to his outfit. He charged at the so-called 'hacker' with a thirst unsatisfied and blood left unspilled. He gained speed as he thought of his Lady. Breathing. Noticing the angered Chat Noir the hacker started tapping rapidly on his tablet. But it was too late, Chat Noir pressed his demonic hand against his face as he began to melt into a sick pool of slime.

   He glanced at Ladybug who laid restlessly on the ground. Only, it wasn't Ladybug, but his charming wife, Marinette.

   "Marinette!" he screeched, running over to Marinette's aid.

   He knelt down beside her and lifted her lifeless body into his warm arms. Tear riddled and heart shaken, Chat Noir watched as the colour drained from her freckled cheeks.

   "No, Marinette!" he bellowed sorrowfully. "Marinette..."

   A tear slid from her closed eyes as her heart beat less and less. Marinette's mouth curved into a smile. She'd gone. Chat Noir pulled her into a tight embrace and splashed her with tears which fell mournfully from his green eyes.

   "I, Adrien Agreste. Promise to love you unconditionally."

   "I will love you for you, no matter what you do."

   "I'll cherish you, respect you, and comfort you in your time of need."

   "I shall treasure you, til' death do us part..."

   "Til' death do us part..."

-

-

-