16| Through His Eyes

/A/N/ Just so you know, this is NOT Marinette x Nathanael, unless you ship it then ship away, but it's just carried from the eyes of Nathanael (my favourite character). Hope you enjoy!

🐞 

🐱 

🐞  

   Nathanael sighed heavily as he stepped through the classroom door. He held in his arms binders and notebooks and slung around his back was a school bag. He scouted around the classroom as the atmosphere was dead silent. Once again he was the first to arrive in the classroom. He tugged at the door handle as it nudged the wooden door shut. He breathed a sigh of relief as he released the tight grip he had on his belongings. His mouth curved into a small smile as he began to walk towards his desk at the back of the classroom.

   Nathanael laid out his items on his desk neatly as he sat down on the wooden bench which belonged with his seating arrangement. He grasped the edges of one of his clear files and opened it to a page containing a sketch of a beautiful, raven-haired girl. Her eyes displayed refined lines of details as did her short locks. In this sketch she was drawn in a red dress with black spots, her hair was down and flowed just past her shoulders and placed in her hair was a red and black headband to match her dress. She was incredibly gorgeous. 

   Nathanael's cheeks lit up as he stared longingly and lovingly at her.

   "Oh, Marinette." he muttered under his breath.

   He turned the leaf and retrieved a new piece of paper as he placed it gently on top of his desk. He took a sketching pencil from his pencil case and began sketching. It was a panelled piece of art that showed himself as a superhero and Marinette as the damsel. 

   He smiled as he brushed his pencil across the paper and created thin, fine lines and thick, shaded areas. 

   The moment of peace came to an end as he heard loud footsteps sounding closer and closer. He quickly slipped the page back into his clear file as he held it close to his chest. He locked his eyes to the door as the handle began to twist before it abruptly opened. 

   The girl who just ran in was breathing irregular patterns as sweat trickled from her brow and her head turned confused. Nathanael went cherry pink as he refocused his gaze to his desk. It was Marinette who stood bewildered at the door. She raised her hand and swept it across her forehead. She sighed as she took her phone out of her pocket.

   "Uhh, Tikki! You read my clock wrong!" the room was silent after that statement.

   Marinette obviously hadn't realised the red-hed who sat at the back of the classroom.

   "Tikki?" Marinette searched through her purse as she found her little, red creature perched at the bottom.

   She sat quietly as she motioned a finger on her lips. She mouthed something as Marinette twisted her head in a continuous motion. She spotted a boy with pure red hair and piercing blue eyes who glanced up at Marinette.

   "T-Tikki? Who's Tikki?" he queried, hesitation refraining his movements and stuttering consuming his words.

   Marinette stood still as she slightly closed her purse. She tried to reason an excuse as she kept her head down.

   "Oh, umm... S-she's..." Marinette couldn't think of anything and was beginning to get antsy. "No one..."

   Marinette stepped over to her desk in embarrassment. She didn't know how to handle the situation and was frankly feeling too sheepish to even try. Nathanael smiled and glowed as her beauty and cuteness entranced him. She bit her lip as the room fell into silence once more and the aura became awkward. 

   Nathanael took a piece of paper again and began to sketch Marinette. He'd glance up every few seconds to take in a glimpse of the real thing and then trace her face onto his paper. From where he sat, he could only see the side of her face and then again not very much of it. He drew her on her side as she faced the front.

   Marinette glanced back as she heard Nathanael's pencil dancing across the page. She smiled as she stood and walked up to Nathanael's desk, taking a seat next to him. Nathanael hadn't noticed Marinette's sudden movement and as he tilted his head up once more he couldn't find his model.

   "Wow, you're really good!" Marinette gleefully complimented as her eyes were glued to the paper. 

   Nathanael twisted his head around to find a beaming Marinette. He was flushed as he slid away from Marinette who sat oddly close.

   "Were you sketching me?" she asked. 

   Nathanael nodded hesitantly as she grinned.

   "I've never been sketched before, you're really good," 

   Nathanael replied with a quick thanks as the conversation got more in depth. Marinette agreed to let him sketch her face fully and sat in front of him with a bright smile. Nathanael became more and more comfortable conversing with Marinette as they laughed and joked around in the empty classroom.

   Their words broke as the door opened again. In came a blond boy with sophisticated hair and familiar, green eyes. He searched around as he noticed Marinette and Nathanael. He smiled and waved.

   "Good morning, Nathanael. Morning, Marinette."

   Marinette turned bright red as he grinned. She stood and stepped towards him, her hands cupped on her chest and her heart flooding with emotions.

   "M-morning good, Adrien. I-I mean, Adrien good. Um, I-I mean gorning... Uhh, why can't I get this?" Marinette stumbled word after word as she continuously messed up.

   Adrien giggled as he walked towards his seat and sat down.

   "You mean, good morning?" he suggested.

   Marinette nodded as she returned to her desk. Nathanael was agitated as Adrien, in his eyes, flirted with his Marinette. He narrowed his eyes as he glared at the blond teen. He averted his eyes towards Marinette as he saw horror. In her eyes was the same look Nathanael gave Marinette. Nathanael cringed. 

   'My Marinette.'

   That was the last time Marinette spoke to me. She'd glance at me sometimes but she only ever smiled. Ever since graduation I'd never seen her, or spoken to her. Until I walked into her families old bakery. She was there, but so was he. Her hair was down past her shoulders and wore a red and black headband in her hair, and floating on her torso was a red dress with black spots. I saw them being all 'lovey dovey' in the bakery. Kids who possessed looks and traits from both of them ran around noisily. She greeted the same as anyone would, she didn't recognise me. I'd smile and reply the same as anyone would, I became a regular. But whenever I saw the printed name tag that was pinned to her clothing, it pained me.

   'Marinette Agreste'.

🐞

🐱

🐞

   /A/N/ That got very depressing. I was dying when I wrote this, oh it pains me so. It saddens me cuz I ship Nathanael and Marinette but y'know, 'Adri-honey' always comes first... Hope you enjoyed my one-shot, I haven't been posting this past week because *drum roll please*... It was my birthday!! Ta-dah!! Yup. We went up to a place that was three hours away and I finished all my manga books in the car ride... I got to see all my cousins and aunties and uncles (I have a lot of family), it was really fun. Anyways, bye-bye, sorry for the wait!!

   ~ Jay