Chapter 13

Chapter 13
"B how're you doing on those files?" Sebastian asked me.

Looking up from my desk I turned to Sebastian, "Well you gave it to me yesterday and I've already set aside seven of them." I said giving him those seven files, "there is no way they are the mole."

Pure shock covered his face. "You got through seven files in one night?!"

I nodded, "yeah it wasn't that hard."

"Can I see the five you've narrowed down?" He asked and held his hand out. Putting the files in his hand he started to look through them as I leaned back in my chair. "So?"

"Looks good so far, nice notes you have here." He smirked at me. I hit him in the shoulder, "shut up! It keeps my thoughts in order. Otherwise it gets all jumbled up."

He chuckled, "okay okay no need to get defensive about it. How's Chelsey by the way?"

I straightened up in my chair, "She has a doctors appointment this afternoon. Which speaking of that I've got to get ready for school."

He raised an eyebrow and stood up from leaning on my desk, "you're going to go to school? Even if they know who you are?"

I shrugged, "I'll have to eventually. I'll see how things go and if it gets bad then I'll just leave."

"Okay, we'll have a good day. Good luck, take your gun with you. I don't want to take any chances of those guys coming back to finish the job."

He smiled then shut the door as I got ready to leave for school.

~~~~~<<<<

"Hey Babe...Riley!" My head shot up as I looked at a sheepish Jordan.

"Get the fuck out of my face dipshit." I mumbled as I walked past a dazed Jordan. Well along with everyone else. I think a few people were surprised about my change in attitude. I guess I don't really have to hide my true self now that everyone knows who I really am. It's actually quite relieving truthfully.

Jay came up to me and grabbed my arm dragging me to class. Once we got to class we sat down and he whispered, "Is it true? I've been trying to text you but you aren't answering any of my texts."

I was about to answer him when Chelsey walked into the room. Alarmed I stood up and walked up to her which was coincidently across the room from where I was sitting.

"Chelsey, what are you doing? I thought you were going to live with your father?"

"That's what I wanted to ask you B. Am I going to live with him or is it safer for both my father and I if I stay at the gang house?"

I turned around and thought a bit. "Truthfully, I don't know. I'd have to ask the boss. There's safety at the gang house but also at your fathers. So I don't know what Seb wants you to do. I'll tell you what, I'll talk to him tonight about it and then call you?"

She smiled and hugged me. Chelsey is one of the few people I let touch me. Probably because she's family in more ways than one.

Truth is: what is best for Chelsey to do in this situation? That thought stayed with me all day until I got home that night and talked to Sebastian.

Opening the door to his office, again not knocking, like I actually have to! He looked up and sighed when he saw it was me. "What do you need B, I have a lot of work to do still and its 10 at night already."

Sitting down in a chair across from him, I leaned back in my chair as he did the same. Signaling me to start, I explained what Chelsey asked of me today and he thought for a minute. "That's a good question and I really don't know. I think she should live with her father though. We could move her father and her to a different state for the mean time until we get this snitch sorted out. What do you think?"

Nodding I agreed with him, "as long as she's not too far away that we can't get to her quick enough."

"Good now get out I have work to do and you have a cousin to call." He smirked at me. Of course he knew I'd call her right away. Ugh. It's like as if he can tell what I'm thinking at times.

I laughed and exited his office.

A/N

Sorry it's been awhile guys! My life is so hectic right now and I'm lost. Trying to get into the swing of things but don't know how often I'll update.

Love you all!!

Lhend16