Chapter 7

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. My mom always made the best pancakes. I walked towards my bathroom. Just as I was about to hop in the shower, I saw a note on my mirror. 'Emily. Heather and I went out for groceries. I made you some pancakes. Let James and his friend have some too. -Luv Mom xoxo' I took the note off my mirror, and hopped in the shower. As the warm water was sprinkling and dripping down my slim body, I started thinking about Aiden. James was acting suspicious last night. Maybe he knows something about Aiden I don't? Once I dried off, I pulled on some white short shorts, and my aqua crop top. I threw my hair up in a messy bun, and made my way downstairs.

When I reached the bottom step, the smell of pancakes didn't fill my nose anymore than it did when I was upstairs. I poked my head into the kitchen doorway and found Aiden and James stuffing their faces with all my moms pancakes! "You guys ate them all?" "Sorry Em, but your mom makes the best pancakes!" James nodded his head in agreement as they both continue to devour the pancakes. Thanks to them, I had to make myself a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

"Guys guess what!" I ran to the living room where they were now sitting. They didn't answer because they were to focused on The Big Bang Theory to notice me. I marched straight over to the tv, and stood right in front of it so they couldn't see the show. "Em! Sheldon is having a scientific meltdown!" "Sorry Aiden!" Now seeing that the two boys both gave up, and are no paying attention I continued. "Guess what!" James and Aiden exchanged looks. Then they both got out of their seats, and knelt on the floor bowing their head. Aiden spoke first. "Speak, wise one. Tell us what is up!" The way he said it was probably the funniest thing I have ever heard! All three of us cracked up, and crumpled down to the floor in pits of laughter. "I can't breathe!" "I don't think any of us can Em!" James was the first to sit up and calm down a bit.

"So Em, what did you want to tell us?" "Oh yea. Guess What!?" Aiden and James laughed. "You said that already Emily" "James! Just call me Em!" "I prefer Emily. I think it's a pretty name." I started to blush. "Anyway! Three more days until my birthday!" "Yay! You're finally gonna turn 17!" Aiden ran over and gave me a big hug! "I already know what to get you!" "Please! I don't need anything for my birthday. I just got new friends. I have anything I could ask for!" James walked over towards me and said "I don't care what you say. My gift to you, will mean the world." I could feel the breath of his voice nibbling my ear as he spoke. James and Aiden started walking upstairs. When James was about halfway, he turned around, and winked at me. He actually winked at me.. my thoughts were soon interrupted by the doorbell. I peeked through the hole to see Cloe standing there. Omg. Cloe. I've been so tied up with Aiden and James lately I totally forgot about her!

I slowly opened the door, than greeted Cloe with a giant bear hug. "Hey Clo! How are you feeling? Are you still sick?" She just stood their glaring at me. "Actually, no. I haven't been sick for a few days now. It was just a cold. I've been at school too, but you wouldn't know because you were always with Aiden and James in the morning. What is up with you guys anyway?" She stopped to take a breath, this was my chance to speak. "Clo, listen-" "Hold it. I'm not finished." With that, she continued on with her rant. "I called you three times Friday. Voicemail. I called you twice yesterday. Voicemail. I didn't bother calling you today, because I was sure I would onLY GET VOICEMAIL!" At this point, Cloe was screaming at the top of her lungs. James and Aiden came running down the stairs. They both stopped in the doorway, staring at Cloe who is now breathing heavily.

"Oh! And to make it all better! Look who just happens to be here! JAMES AND AIDEN!" Aiden stepped forward seperating the uncomfortable close distance between us. Pushing her back a little he just simply said: "Woo... okay. James lives here, and i'm his best friend." "Yeah right! Don't defend for her! She gave me her new address. She lives here!" James looked at me, and I shrugged. Pushing Aiden out of the way, I looked at Cloe. "Clo, listen. I'm sorry for not answering my phone and everything, and i'm sorry for not hanging out with you alot. But I think you should come inside. I have alot of explaining to do, especially about you always finding me with these two."

Leading Cloe into the house, I started telling her why i'm with James and Aiden, and what they are doing here. "You live with James Liberty!" "Yes, but you can't tell anyone! This would ruin his rep, and as much as I hate the stares i'm getting now, imagine what kind of glares and snickers i'll get if they find out i'm living here." "Okay, I promise." Phew! That was close! "On one condition" Shoot. "You have to invite me over once in a while, and answer my calls?" "Sure! Missed you!" Now that the whole misshap was cleared up, we all sat down on the couch and played mario kart. It was about dinner time, and Cloe said she had to leave, as well as Aiden.

James and I were now just watching some stupid show, that apparently he finds hilarious. "Take a picture, it lasts longer" He slowly turns his head towards me, and I quickly whip my head around in the direction of the tv. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him smirking. His phone starts ringing, and he grabs it and walks out of the room. Before he could leave, I saw the call was from Aiden. Knowing it would be something about me, I quietly followed behind James to the kitchen where he answered.