Chapter 5

Lydia's POV

As the flight took off to Seattle, Jane, Alec, and I sat in a room, reading. Felix and Demetri were busy playing video games to annoy us...not saying that they had the nerve to. As the flight attendant announced their arrival at Seattle, the five of us walked out to the over populated city and towards the top of the building. From the balcony, we watched as the newborns tore apart the place, killing humans and not bothering to clean it up. One vampire tore off a car door and smashed it on the ground to gain attention. It worked. Everyone's gaze turned towards him as they dropped the pathetic humans to the ground. He talked about how something was coming and if they couldn't control themselves, they would all get killed. Alec smirked at his little speech.

"They're going to get killed either way." He simply stated.

His twin nodded in agreement.

"They are attracting too much attention." Added Demetri.

"People may start to question the Volturi's effectiveness." Hissed Felix.

"Let them." Said Jane, nonchalantly.

Felix turned from the scene in annoyance.

"Perhaps we should consult with Aro on this." He said.

Alec and Demetri immediately turned to him, giving him glances of warning. Jane was the last to turn, but she wasn't as forgiving as the other two. Felix arched back, grinding his teeth in pain as Jane used her gift on him. After a minute, she stopped, watching as Felix dropped to the ground in pain.

"Aro's decisions are being watched. We must decide." She sighed, turning a little.

Alec rested his hand on her shoulder.

"Then decide sister. It's time." He sighed.

Jane turned her attention back to the pack of newborns feeding.

"Yes it is. Either we let them do what they were created for, or we end them."

She sighed in frustration.

"Decisions, decisions."

I smirked, glancing at the pathetic newborns, my cloak blowing as the wind blew by.

"What do you think we should do, Lydia?"

Without tearing my gaze from the mess, I responded, my voice as monotonous as ever.

"Obviously we kill them. But why not have some fun while we're at it? Maybe they'll kill off a few of the Cullens. It would definitely make things more quite back at Volterra."

Alec smirked.

"Yes it would..."