Chapter 6

Lydia's POV

After the newborns dispersed, we walked towards the abandoned cabin, where their leader, Victoria lies. Jane swung open the door and stepped in with authority.

"Who are you?! How dare you come in without permission?!" hissed Victoria.

Jane locked gazes with the red head and Victoria was immediately on the ground, screaming for mercy. After a minute, Jane stopped and watched as she pathetically got up.

"We are the Volturi, the royalty of the immortal world. And you owe us some respect. We are older, therefore wiser than you so I suggest that you drop your little act right now and learn some modesty," said Jane.

She nodded her head in understanding.

"Now. Why are you creating this newborn army? You are causing suspicion and sooner or later, you will expose us," Jane hissed.

"I want to destroy the Cullens. They killed my mate, James," she explained.

Jane looked at her in confusion.

"I thought Riley was your mate. How could you have two mates?" she queried.

Victoria snickered.

"Riley?! He's not my mate. I'm just using him to get past that pixie's visions," she spat.

Jane nodded.

"That is indeed very clever. Very well. We'll give you five days to use your army to serve this purpose. After five days, if you haven't kept to your word, we will destroy each one of you painfully. Am I understood?" Jane said, leaning in towards Victoria who nodded her head vigorously.

Jane stood back and regained her composure.

"Very well. That is all. See you in five days."

"Wait."

All eyes fell on me. I glared at Victoria and hearing a satisfying snap. She shrieked as he bone broke and stuck out of her porcelain while skin.

"Just giving you a taste of what will happen should you fail."

With that, we disappeared into the night, leaving a wailing red-headed vampire afraid.