Chapter 18

Alec's POV

After talking to Demetri, Felix, and Jane and changing to the Volturi uniform, I walked into the hotel room where Lydia literally flung herself at me. I embraced her and hugged her back, kissing her forehead and whispering words of comfort to her.

"See? I told you I would be back in five minutes," I whispered.

She nodded and buried her head in my chest.

"Ready to go back to Volterra?" I asked as gently as possible.

"Y-yes," whispered Lydia.

I smiled down at her and carried her bridal style, down to where Felix, Demetri, and my sister were waiting with Aaron in their tight grasp.

"Let's go," Jane commanded.

Everyone nodded, speeding down towards Volterra, one step behind Jane and I. As we approached the grand castle, I hesitated before swinging the doors into our home. Everything suddenly got darker. Approaching the human secretary who eyed Lydia weirdly, I flicked his hand as a signal to Demetri, who immediately finished her off. Her screams lasted for a couple seconds. Dropping the dead body on the floor, Demetri returned to Felix's side, his eyes bright red. Taking a deep breath, I pushed the doors open to the throne room. Master Aro's eyes brightened when they saw us, but his smile turned to a frown when he saw Lydia and a half dead Aaron.

"Oh my....what happened?" whispered Aro.

He tried to touch Lydia's hand but she squirmed away and hid in my chest.

"Alec? May I, my son?" asked Aro.

He always thought of Lydia, Jane, and I as his children.

"Of course, master," I whispered.

As Aro took my extended hand, Caius' eyes flickered over towards Aaron.

"And who is this? An unexpected visitor?" hissed Caius.

Just then, Aro finished reading my thoughts and his eyes shown with sympathy for his adopted daughter.

"I'm so sorry my dear," Aro sighed, his eyes turning from sympathy to fury as he saw Aaron.

"You. You raped my daughter and beat the living crap out of my son. You are sentenced to death for capturing, attacking, hurting, and sexually assaulting two of the most highly ranked Volturi guards. Felix!" hissed Aro.

"Yes master?" asked Felix, seriously.

"Use the ultimate death sentence," he hissed.

Everyone tensed. The ultimate death sentence was created just used to frighten disobedient vampires. Aro never found a reason to use it on someone before. Now, it was going to happen right before our eyes.