Chapter 13

Third POV

It's been a week since Lydia locked herself in the bathroom, and she was still there. Alec hadn't moved an inch either. On his knees and begging for forgiveness. However, unlike Lydia, Alec didn't feed that week. He was growing very weak and it became a challenge to even keep his eyes open.

"Lydia please....," Alec whispered, before falling to the ground in a collapse.

His body stopped fighting and succumbed to darkness. He went too long without blood and only that could wake him up. Lydia heard the thump and opened the bathroom door slightly to peek outside. When she saw her love sprawled on the ground looking lifeless, she let out a cry and fell to her knees beside him. She took out a blood pouch and poured it down his throat, stroking his face and hair, tearlessly sobbing.

"Alec please don't leave me. I'm sorry. It was never your fault. It was all mine, please don't leave me. Don't leave me like everyone else... You're forgiven," Lydia whispered, kissing his lips softly.

She carried her brother to the bed and pulled him under the covers. Sitting by his side, Lydia kept kissing his face, begging for him to wake up. He was all she had left. And because of her, Alec had fallen into a coma. And whether or not he would wake up is uncertain.

What's a soulmate? It's like a best friend but more. It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. That someone who makes you a better person. No, actually they don't make you a better person. You do that by yourself because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone you carry with you forever. It's one person who knew you, accepted you, and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you'll always love them and nothing could ever change that. And if you ever search up the word 'soulmate', you'll find a picture of Lydia and Alec together because if anything, they are that.