Sugary Sweet

"Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. So, you're going out to lunch with Aron, even though the last time you two hung out, it was all over the tabloids?"

"Yeah. He said the place we're going is kind of underground-ish, so we should be free from paparazzi." You explained, switching the phone from one hand to the other as you put on your outfit for the day.

"You of all people should know that's not true. Those people are like flies. And, what does your...boyfriend...think about this?" Jessie's questioned, followed by the sounds of her flopping onto her couch. "I'm still confused on how that even happened, by the way." You rolled your eyes, putting the female on speaker to finish getting ready.

"I am too, trust me." As much as you wished to tell Jessie than the relationship was a fluke, you had basically promised Terry you wouldn't. "Nothing will go wrong, I'll make sure of it. If any press catches me today, it's going to be at Hollywood Undead's concert to get them and their appearance on the show hyped up.  As for Jax, he won't care. They're friends, remember?"

"I know, but something...it just doesn't feel right, y/n." Jessie added. Thankfully, a text from Aron saying he was outside made your phone buzz, saving you from continuing the conversation.

"It's going to be fine. Look, I got to go. Bye Jess."

"Uh-huh. Bye y/n." You made sure she had hung up before stuffing the phone into your bag and doing one last sweep of your appearance in the mirror. During this time, you put on a hat and your favorite pair of sunglasses, just in case.

Thankfully, you had managed to make it into the parking lot without paparazzi causing World War III. You stood there for a second, trying to identify Aron's truck. You cocked your head to the side in confusion as a small red car rolled up next to you. You prepared to turn your head to look away on instinct, yet stopped when you realized who was in the car.

"Aron?" You questioned as he leaned over and opened the door for you from the inside.

"Hey." You climbed into the car, shutting the door behind you.

"What's with the car?" You buckled yourself into the seat as he began heading towards the exit.

"My dumbass friend borrowed my truck and crashed it."

"Are they okay? Is the car okay?" You quickly asked, concern washing over your features.

"Yeah, he's fine. The car is in the shop. So, how's work?" You shrugged, your gaze switching to the window.

"It's good, not much has happened." You didn't feel like explaining the current situation and decided to take the focus off of you, turning your head towards him. "You working on any new stuff?"

"No." He grumbled. You watched as his fingers tightened around the steering wheel, his knuckles becoming a milky white.

"You okay?" You asked, seeing the way his body tensed.

"The record label I'm with now are a bunch of douchebags and I'm in a whole fucking legal mess right now." The usual confidence you had seen Aron wish vanished for a split second, anger taking it's place. "I can't start anything new until we figure it out."

A small "oh," slipped out of your mouth as you adverted your gaze to the window once more. You could tell it wasn't a good idea to talk about this subject anymore and allowed car to slip into silence.

The two of you reached the restaurant within the next twenty minutes. When the car was turned off, you both got out and began walking towards the entrance. You hardly even made it to the lobby when a woman who looked to be in her early fifties began speaking to you.