Chapter 28: Complications

**Masons POV**

It’s been a week since I’ve opened my eyes and saw Andy sitting by my bed crying as she admitted how she felt about me. And that was the last time we actually were able to talk about everything. Because soon after that my hospital room was filled with nurses and doctors, family and friends…it was as if I couldn’t get a moment alone with Andy.

For the past week she’s missed school to stay with me, and I was glad…seeing her by my side just made everything so much better.

I was staying in the hospital for another week just so they could watch my vitals and make sure I’m recovering correctly, but to be honest I felt fine. I felt more then fine I was in love.

Even though Andy never left me side she was always there with someone else, Rob, Hannah, Eric, Tom, my dad, her brother’s….it was impossible to talk to her.

And to be honest I felt like she really didn’t want to talk about it. It seemed like nothing was different between us, like we didn’t confess our love for each other just a few days ago.

“Andy when are you going back to school?” Michael asked as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“When Masons better.” She said and by the look on Mikes face, he wasn’t okay with that answer.

“Come on Andy, you already missed a week. Tomorrows Monday, the perfect day to go back…” he said but she just let out a sigh.

“What’s the point? I’m just going to be thinking about Mason anyway…” she said as she looked down at her hands in her lap, I could tell there was more to her reason.

“Andy its fine, I’m fine…I wish they would let me go.” I said

“No its not fine Mase…you need me…I need you…” she said with sadness in her eyes as I could feels Mikes eyes dart between us suspiciously.

“Listen Baby no ‘if’ or ‘buts’ you're going back tomorrow.” He said seriously as he walked towards the door, finally giving us a chance to be alone.

“Andy what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing…” she lied as she looked away from me. I placed my hand on hers making her eyes meet mine.

“It’s ok to go to school…” I said and she nodded.

“Well I guess I should be going…it’s getting late.” She said nervously as she took her hand from under mine and got up. I was confused by her reaction to our touch. Just a week ago she told me she loved me and wanted to be with me, and now…I wasn’t so sure…

***

**Andy’s POV**

When I woke up the next morning going to school was the last thing I wanted to do. I couldn’t even think about facing Cole and everyone else…. especially without Mason.

This whole week I was unable to talk to Mason about what happened and how I felt, and a part of me was glad…

Because for some reason, I was scared. Talking to Mason while he was unconscious and talking to him while he wasn’t were two different things. Its not like my feelings for him changed, they were just harder to speak about.

I put my hair up in a messy bun, threw on a pair of sweatpants and Masons football sweater and went to school with the twins.

The whole walk through the parking lot to my locker I could feel the eyes on me and hear the whispers around me. To be honest it was actually getting to me…