Chapter 34: Something Special

Christmas was less than a week away and things were still weird between Mason and I. It was as if neither of us knew what to do in a situation like this. It wasn't our usual fight between best friends, it was much more complicated.

Mason was healing quickly and I was glad to see him up and about but it was awkward running into him attempting to make small talk.

Everyone could tell something was up with us but thankfully they didn't question it...until now.

"Earth to Andy!" Hannah said breaking me from my thoughts as she waved her hand in front of my face.

I sat with Hannah in a small coffee shop after going to dozens of stores helping her pick out a gift for Chris.

"Ugh it's Mason isn't it? I know something's up with you two and it's different than all the other times." She said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

Just as I opened my mouth to make up some excuse I let out a sigh. I realized that Hannah and I became really close and I know I would feel a lot better talking to her about what was going on.

"Mase and I are kinda sorta dating..." I said feeling weird as the words flowed out of my mouth. She looked at me with wide eyes and a dropped jaw.

"Tell me everything..." She said and I did. I told her everything that occurred between Mase and I and it felt good to tell someone.

After her squeals of happiness and flaunting that she told me so she finally focused on the problem at hand.

"So he said he doesn't trust you around Cole?" She asked trying to connect the puzzle pieces together.

"Well he didn't say it exactly, but yeah. I just can't understand how he can have any doubts, why can't he see how much he means to me?" I said.

"Andy sweetie, he may be insecure and threatened by Cole, and you have every reason to be angry. But put yourself in his shoes. He's been best friends with the girl of his dreams almost all his life. He had to listen to you go on and on about Cole when you were younger. And now after all these years when he finally has you to himself Cole reveals all these feelings to you..." She said as I listened intently.

"Mason just got you to himself, like it's too good to be true. If I was him I'd keep you locked up. He stood in the sidelines so long Andy, you can't blame him for being afraid of going back..." She continued and I nodded with understanding.

Hannah's right...because if I was Mase I'd act the same way. I didn't even think about how I'd react when we go back to school and I see all those girls hanging around him.

"I have to do something, I have to fix this..." I said.

"And you will, but I can't help you. You need to show him how special he is to you, and how much you love him. He needs to know no one could take his place." She said as I started to get an idea.

"you're right, I have to go..." I said before I got up.

"Thanks Hannah you're the best! Oh and please keep this between me and you, I'm not ready to tell anyone least of all my brothers."!

"Don't worry Andy, trust me I don't want my next date with Chris to be in prison." She said and I couldn't help but laugh as I got up to leave.

Hannah was right I needed to show Mason how special he was to me...and I had the perfect idea.

**Masons POV**
I missed her...

I couldn't believe that awkward small talk is the only interaction I have with Andy lately.

Everytime I go over to try and fix things I stop myself, unsure how.

I know things are different now. I can't just go apologize and beg her to talk to me again. She isn't just Andy my best friend, she's Andy my girlfriend and she deserves much more then an apology.