IALT chapter three // Little me

Scarlet's Point Of View

I'm starting to open up with Jade. She was the quiet one. I didn't expect her that she was a great listener.

The only one I'm kind of open with is Niall. We share a lot of crazy secrets no one knew but us. He was my trusted one. Not saying others aren't, I'm just having this bond between Niall others can't replace.

"Thank you for this, Jade." It was 6 in the morning. We still have a lot of time to talk. It takes forever for others to wake up. Like close to afternoon maybe.

"Here, let me sing you a song. To get you off that hook. To loosen up your mind." I nod. Of course, it is Jade Thirlwall who's going to sing. She's a damn professional singer.

She quietly hums.

"She lives in the shadow of a lonely girl.."

I know what she just sang. Little me. It was one of my favorites.

Jade sings it so sweetly. The way that line represents me.

"Voice so quiet you don't hear a word.."

It exactly explains my situation. I have no voice to tell them what I feel. I have no strength to show it. I'm just a weakling.

I feel a tear rolls down my cheek. Traitor.

"Always talking but she can't be heard.."

I have no courage to do so. They're all are right. Scarlet, the nerdy loser. Always crappy. Left alone, no one cares. Just me loving myself.

Jade continues to hum.

"You can see there if you catch her eye.."

Why songs are always damn true?

I'm just Scarlet. I'm seventeen. No more family or relatives I know. No one loves me except them.

They took me in. I was just a fan. But how silly life is, my fate was to live with them. Or I guess, not.

"I know she's brave but it's trapped inside.."

Tears were pouring as I hear that line.

"Oh my gosh! Sorry for making you cry!" Jade pats me. Making me cool down.

"Sorry. I'd never sing you that again."

She pulls me in for a hug. Then I stopped crying. Jade is a nice sister to me. Albeit her cutsie act and such, she's still one of my greatest sisters.

It is 7 am now. And they were kinda up. It's a miracle. Lol. They have woken up early today.

Liam got a call from Uncle Simon.

"Guys, Uncle Si said he needs to meet us up. All of us." He says, while playing with his thumbs.

"What was that about, Li?" Harry asks. Liam got a disapproving look on his face. "You'll all know later."

We hop in the bus, and the entire ride was silent. Not knowing what to say. Everyone just remained zipped.