The plan

“Two men to your left," Cypher says as he guides Cupid and Lawton through a building.
Lawton fires one shot, which goes through both their heads.
Cupid gasped in horror and awe.
Lawton and Cupid move quickly down a hallway and Lawton jumps mid-run and kicks the door completely off.
"Where is she?!" Lawton almost shouted.
"She's close, really close, but down below somehow."
"What do you mean?" Cupid asks, puzzled.
"She's below you, I'm not sure how, but she's under."
Lawton began looking at the floor thoughtfully. He noticed that the carpet is ragged at one corner of the room.
"There," he said as he points to the area of the carpet and Cupid and him walk over to the spot.
"It's a trapdoor," Cupid said, as she tries to open it. She pulls out a very small knife and begins to handle the lock
In a matter of seconds, the lock became undone. They opened the door and looked inside. The only thing they could see was a ladder that lead down into a pitch black void of nothingness. Lawton hesitated for a few seconds, then proceeded to descend the ladder, since his only goal was to find his daughter. Cupid followed him and soon enough, they were surrounded  by the darkness in a tunnel alley. The stench of  chlorine was in the air and the water that covered the ground drenched their shoes. 
"Cy talk to me, where next?"
"Go straight ahead and turn to your left, I'm picking up a strong heat signature over there, so that should be where she is."
"Cupid follow me."
They ran down the path, turning on their heels at the corner, then heading left. A flicker of light caught their focus, and soon they saw that it was a light bulb, not far from a door. Lawton ran faster to reach the door, and out of the darkness, two men emerged. Both were massively built and wore dark black clothes.

They were hiding in the dark, waiting for the intruders that they had heard long before they were anywhere close. Lawton couldn't avoid the punch that slammed into his face, sending him flying backwards into the darkness as Cupid, not far behind, managed to catch him as he fell.  After getting the wind knocked out of him, Lawton struggled a bit to hear what his new enemies were saying.
"Well, look what we have here." Said Thick Guy #1.
"Just a couple of hood rats, running around in our tunnels." Replied Thick Guy #2 .
"Well then hood rats, why don't you just go ahead and scamper on back to where you came from?"
"What makes you think we're going anywhere except in that room?" Lawton asked.
"You're not allowed there. The sooner you leave the more alive you'll be." Said Thick Guy #1.

There was a moment of stillness, as both of the men expected Lawton and Cupid to get up and leave, but no one wavered.
"Well, I guess they don't like being alive all that much then." Thick Guy #2 said.
"Enough chit-chat."  Said Cupid. "We're getting into that room." Immediately,  both Cupid and Lawton jumped to their feet.

"Let's see about that."
Lawton got into a fight stance and waved both men over to come at him. They both plunged after him fist first. With the water under Lawton's feet, he quickly slipped under them both. With their backs turned to him, he kicked them both, causing them to fall over.
"Is that all you got?" Lawton challenged.
Now angry from their quick fall, they got up, filled with rage and went after Lawton again. Lawton punched one of the guys in his face, which sent him back a few feet, but didn't stop the other guy from slamming him into the wall. He started punching Lawton, causing him to wince in pain.

Cupid noticed the other guy was getting up and planning to go after Lawton.
"Hey, that isn't fair, I wanna fight too!"
With an impressive speed, Cupid took out her bow and one of her arrows and fired at the guy. It pierced his skin and only a chuckle came out of his mouth.
"Well that stung." 
Cupid dropped her bow and ran after him. She attempted to  punch him in his face but he deflected it. With a running start she launched off of his knee and wrapped herself and around his head, using her body weight to pin him down, causing him to lose his footing. With a crash, both of them fell to the ground.

While they laid on the ground, Lawton felt the taste of blood in his mouth as the guy he was fighting hit him once again. Lawton didn't back down. When his opponent aimed to send him another blow, he let it hit him and finding the strength among his ache of pain,gripped the guy by his throat. 
Now having the guy under his control, Lawton finally spoke.  "Can we end this now?" 
The guy resisted and Lawton didn't need any further assurance that he wanted to go again. With that, he took out his gun, aimed it at the guy's chest and shot him. He watched as Cupid got up and proceeded to kick her opponent to prevent him from getting back up. Lawton aimed directly at the guy, and sent a bullet in that direction.
"Hey! Why the hell did you do that?" 
"He was wasting my time. Let's get going."