Prologue

*Aphmau's POV*

I sat with my sons Levin, the Lord of Phoenix Drop, and Malachi, who was a ghost when i first met him. We were enjoying our time together. I mean it's been 15 years, well 15 minutes for me, they've grown a lot, I'm really proud of them.

I was about to ask if they would want to go on a walk with me, when Emmalyn ran up to us. "LADY APHMAU! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT LADY IRENE'S RELIC WHICH YOU HAVE!" She yells excitedly and squeals. I look back at Levin and Malachi. Malachi's eyes are wide open as he stares at me and Emmalyn in disbelief. Levin looked shocked but he quickly recovered. "D-d-did y-you just s-say I-Irene's R-Relic?" Malachi asks us. "Um yes I did say that why?" Emmalyn has calmed down a bit while she questions him. Malachi looks at me now. "You have it?" He asks in a serious tone. "Um... Yeah... I have obtained? Irene's Relic" I say confused and I look at him curiously. "So you went to the Irene dimension then?" He asks getting excited. "Yes we did, now why are you so excited about this Malachi?" I ask my son.

"Well I'm just wondering if you saw a girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes? She's also around my age?" He asks. He's seems so happy that he's like about to start shaking with excitement. I frown a bit. "I'm sorry Malachi, but I didn't see anyone with that description" I frown more as I see the excitement drain from his face. "Oh" is all he says as he looks down at the ground frowning. "I'm so sorry Malachi, I really am" I put my hand on his shoulder and give him a small smile. He looks up at me and he gives me a small sad smile back.

"WAIT! WAS HER NAME (Y/N)?" Emmalyn suddenly yells/asks out of nowhere. "Yes that's her" Malachi exclaims. He quickly stands up and walks to Emmalyn wanting to know anything and everything about the girl. "I talked to her and she said quote on quote "I would love to stay and chat but i need to go and protect Irene's Relic. I can tell that you know Malachi in some shape or form so... I need you to do me a favor. Take this book and give it to Malachi he'll know what to do with it" and then she smiled and ran off somewhere." Emmalyn says now holding the book in her hands. She hands him the book and smiles. "Tell me is there is anything about Irene in there, okay?" Emmalyn commands. "Of course" Malachi now has a huge grin on his face.

His eyes sparkle a little as he stares at the book. He looks at me as if asking if he can go read it right then and there. I give him a small smile and nod my head. "Go on what are you waiting for? That book won't read itself you know" He smiles at me and runs of he yells a quick "thanks mom" I look over at Levin. "Would you like to join your mother on a walk?" He looks at my and nods. We stand up and start to walk around town.

*Malachi's POV*

"I can't believe it... after all this time..." I sit on my bed staring at the book. "After all those years of trying to take this book from you... I finally have it... but you just gave it to me... Why is that?" I ask, but of course the only answer I get is silence. I study the book and see that it has a lock. I take a closer look at it and my eyes widen.

*Flashback*

"I don't understand why you come see me i'm a monster, and no one likes monsters" I stare at the (h/c) before me confused. 'Why do you continue to come back?' I think to myself. "There's a monster? Where?" She looks around the room, fear written on her face. She quickly scoots closer to me and starts hugging my arm. "Malachi, I-I don't like m-m-m-monsters, can you protect me, please?" She looks up at me.

I was about to reply when she got pulled away from me, I sat there shocked for a little, when I look up to see Xavier my shock went away. "Keep your filthy hands off of her." He growls at me. I roll my eyes and stand up. I try to walk up to (y/n). But Xavier's sword blocks my path. I look at Xavier calmly, with an unamused expression on my face. "W-W-What are y-y-you doing h-h-h-here Xavier?" (y/n) stutters out. I look at her and see her shaking a little. 'She's afraid, but why?' She looks at me and our eyes meet. "I'm here to protect you from the monsters mi' lady" Xavier says growling at me a little. "But Malachi was protecting me from the monsters just fine" She looks at him confused. "Well Mi' Lady, He can't protect you anymore." He looks at her and smiles. "Cause now you have me to scare all of the monsters away" She quickly gets up and runs to me hugging my arm again. "Malachi can protect me, better than you ever could." She says angrily. She looks at me and smiles. "I want you to protect something very important to me Malachi. Don't let anyone else have it, cause it's the key to..." She hands me the key when she heard her name being called by her older sister Irene. "Well I have to go... Take care of that key for me Malachi." She smiles at me and kisses my cheek. She then runs off with Xavier chasing after her.

I look at the key. 'This key is to what? What is it for? And why is it so important? Wait if it's super important to her then why would she give it to me?' I look at the door hoping that she would come back and answer all of my questions but of course she doesn't...

*Time skip couple months later*

I continue to wait for (y/n). 'I am going to ask her about the key today' I thought. (Y/n) then walks in and looks at me with tears in her eyes and a frown on her face. "What's the matter?" I ask concern laced in every word. "I-I-I'm getting sent to th-th-th-th-the Irene Dimension" (y/n) sobs out. Tears blur my vision. "You'll come and v-v-visit r-r-r-r-r-right?" I ask afraid of what the answer will be. She shakes her head no sadly and quickly hugs me.

"That key that I gave you... It's..." We hear Irene call for her. "It's..." she continues crying. I hug her and kiss her on her head. "It's the key to my heart" After she tells me this I freeze. 'The key to her heart? She gave it to me?' I think to myself confused. I quickly regain my composure and hug her tightly. "I'll protect it with my life... I promise" She looks up at me and smiles. I smile back and let go of her. "I know you will.... Thank you" She smiles one last time before leaving me in the room alone.

I quickly run to the window and see her look back at my home one last time before running towards Irene. I open the window and yell. "WE'LL MEET AGAIN.... I PROMISE" I sit there and watch her disappear from my site and my life.

*end of flashback*

'The key to her heart... Could it....' I take the key out of a secret compartment in Levin's music box, we are the only ones that know about it, i put the key in the lock. I slowly turn it, I hear a soft click. I pull on the lock carefully and it comes off with ease. I sit there and stare at the book. "What did you write in this, and why did you give me the key?" I ask myself aloud. I grab the front cover. The brown leather is worn and feels rough underneath my fingertips. I slowly open it and look at the first page. My eyes widen in shock. "I can't believe it this is...."

AN: Hey guys, 1,382 words wow that is the most I've written. Anyway I was wondering what you think of this book so far. It's my first fan fiction.... so... yeah. Anyway leave me a comment and tell me how I did. If i get great feedback I might write the next chapter. Thanks for reading.

~Paraselia