Chapter Twelve

Jaxon's POV

Not too long after Nina...I mean Lyra woke up, the pack doctor made her appearance in the room. Dr. Myranda shooed everyone out so she could speak to Lyra in private. As I started moving towards the door a small voice stopped me. "You're not going to leave me, are you?" I peeked over my shoulder to see my tiny mate looking at me with big round eyes.

I looked over at the doctor, silently asking her if it was alright if I stayed while the examination was going on. She gave me a small nod. "Of course I'm not leaving you. I was just moving so I wasn't in the doctor's way." The lie ran smoothly. Lyra sent me a big smile showing me how happy she was that I was indeed staying with her.

After a couple of simple test were run as well as checking all of Lyra's reflexes and vitals, Dr. Myranda had some news for us.

"She's completely healthy. Better than healthy actually, Ni...Lyra is doing amazing." She said to me as Lyra was sitting on the examination table that was stationed in the corner of the room.

"Really?" I asked the doctor skeptically. Lyra was missing for almost a week and Nina's body was failing, hell for the past three days she didn't eat anything because she couldn't hold down any food. How is she doing so well so fast?

The doctor nodded her head. "Her blood work is clean, her reflexes are all on point,and her temperature is back to normal. Lyra is clear to return home whenever she wants too. She should take it easy though for at least the next two days." Dr. Myranda confirmed.

There was a pause for a short period of time between the doctor and I. I let her words soak into my thoughts. Lyra was completely fine...

Yes because WE saved her, Zev said.

I understand that...I replied back.

Then stop overthinking and enjoy the time with our mate! Take her home, be around her, mate her. He said casually as if it was no big deal.

My body grew a little tense at his last statement. I mean don't get me wrong, of course I wanted to finish the mating process with Nina and make her completely mine. Just being near her was enough to turn me on. It took every ounce of self-control to stop myself from taking her. With her being newly marked that urge to mate with her grew ten fold. We can't do that until Nina returns, you know that, I said back to him.

I know that she is our mate and we are going to mate with her soon. He said sternly.

I scoffed at him. Yes, I hope that's the case buddy. I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold off on completely the mating process with Nina. My entire body could feel the effects of the mark and it new what was suppose to happen next. Everything in me was longing for the process to be completed, I was fighting against myself and it was a battle that took majority of my strength.

"Alpha Jaxon?" The doctor asked.

I had not realized how long my wolf and I had been conversing. "Sorry doctor. My wolf and I were having a conversation." I turned to Lyra who was patiently kicking her feet in front of her trying to keep herself entertained. "Are you ready to go home?" I asked her. Her head moved up and she was looking straight at me nodding her head vigorously.

I smiled at her eager response before I turned back to the doctor with my hand stretched out in front of me. "Thanks for everything Dr. Myranda, we appreciate all that you have done for us." She shook my hand and left the room.

Lyra jumped off the table and ran over to me grabbing my hand before she started sprinting out of the room. "Come on, come on. Let's go home." Her eagerness was entertaining.