Chapter Seventeen

Nina's POV

Being in the car with Jaxon was like having Deja Vu. I swear half of our relationship, we've been in the car. The time he kidnapped me, the time we drove to my pack. I know it was only two times but sti-. Wait...did I just say our relationship...as in Jaxon and I actually had something going on...

Lyra smirked at my slip up. You most certainly did. She was loving this.

It was a slip of the mind, I told her. I was attempting to seem as if it was nothing.

She laughed at my so-called attempt. Think what you want, Nina. Like I said before, I know what your true feelings are towards our mate.

Why must you insist I feel something for him? You do and that is fine but don't drag me into whatever you guys have going on. I told you already, I'm trying to find some kind of compromise for us.

My wolf rolled her eyes. You find him just as sexy as I do. You want him to take you, dominate you, finish the mating process. She growled excitedly at the thought of Jaxon having his way with us.

The thought crossed my mind for a second before I realized what I was doing. When did you get like this? I was almost appalled at the thoughts that were going through her head. She was definitely not like this before.

What can I say? Jaxon awoke something inside me, and I like it. She howled.

Well I don't, go back to being the sweet little wolf you were. I demanded, even though I know she wouldn't. I could tell she liked her newfound confidence. And to be honest her recent changes scared me.

She pretended to think for a second. I'd rather not. Now back to thinking about what Jaxon will be like when we finish the mating process...how big do you think Jaxon Jr is? Because I'm thinking he's probably pretty damn bi-

Enough! I will not have this conversation with you...or anyone for that matter. I rushed out the last part. I didn't want her thinking I'd actually have that conversation at all. She laughed at my reaction and retreated back into my mind.

I could not believe what she was thinking. Lyra has never been like that before. What the hell did Jaxon do to her? He awoke her Alphaness, her dominate side, her possessive side, which also meant her sexual drive was more prominent. Son of a bitch, I growled realizing that with Lyra's new change in attitude would only be another obstacle to work around.

I just wasn't sure how I'd go about Lyra and her desire to finish the matting process. I could potentially let her take over and they could do the deed... There had to be a way for this to be the least bit awkward for me. Maybe I could stall them. Put off finishing the process until I came up with a solution for staying out of their relationship.

A hand touching my shoulder broke me out of my thoughts. I turned to see that Laura was the one who wanted my attention.

I raised an eyebrow at her, silently asking her what she needed. "You've been lost in thought for the past hour and a half, Alpha. I just wanted to see if you needed anything." Her voice sounded off in a way I didn't understand.

"I'm fine, thank you." I replied back to her.

She smiled slightly at my answer and as I was about to turn back in my seat she started talking again. "Also, Alpha. Alpha Jaxon brought up a good point. Alpha Jaxon?" Laura turned to look at him, telling him to fill me in on what he was thinking.

Jaxon smiled at her. Their exchanged brought out an emotion inside me I didn't like, jealousy. It ran through my body, searing all my nerves. I don't like him smiling at her, I don't like how cordial they seem with each other. The way they were looking into each other's eyes, Laura gently twirled a piece of her blonde hair as they said a couple words between each other. Lyra was not fond of their exchange, in fact, she was down right pissed at how one of our pack members were looking at out mate.