Chapter Eighteen

(Hi lovies! Sorry for going all MIA on you, I had such a difficult time coming up with something for this chapter. Everything I wrote just felt wrong and I did not want to post anything that I didn't absolutely love! So finally after what feels like forever I am updating and I'm excited to say that I am fully happy with this chapter! It's not entirely edited so please be aware that there are errors throughout the chapter. Thank you all for being so amazing and for the views, votes and comments! -Leina ♥) 

**Edited 12/13/2016

Nina's POV

An intense growl broke through the room and vibrated the surface of the table. It was only when I felt everyone's eyes on me that I realized I was the source of that noise. My eyes never wavered from the disgusting guy who made the comment. A blinding rage engulfed every part of my body.

Kill him, Lyra commanded.

He found my response amusing, a cocky grin played on his lips. I narrowed my eyes at him when I saw his smirk.

Lyra went on, kill him for saying those things about our girls. Kill him for thinking our mate was messing around with someone else. Kill him for being arrogant. Just. Kill. Him.

I slowly pushed my seat back from the table, my gaze still locked on him. It didn't once move from his cocky fucking face. My movements were that of a predator and her prey. When he noticed me slowly stand, he began to look nervous. His eyes were darting around the room looking for someone to help.

Once I was standing, Rilynn cleared her throat trying to gain my attention. She failed. All my focus was set on this man, this man who thought it was a good idea to disrespect my pack, my ladies. He was going to pay for that comment. He was going to pay for throwing out false accusations. I was thirsty for blood, my wolf was thirsty for blood, and we were about to satisfy that dying thirst we felt.

"Nina." A voice called to me.

Another growl ripped through the room, again it belonged to me.

"Nina." The voice was a little harder this time. I could feel some of my pack members attempting to break through to me by mind-linking. All attempts to remove my focus from this pathetic man were failing.

Kill him, Nina. Lyra urged me.

Her words compelled me to move closer to him. My steps were slow, graceful yet intimidating. With each step that brought me closer to him, he began to look more nervous. I heard movements from around the table, but I didn't pay it any mind. The only thoughts circling around my head were those of taking care of the man who said that awful thing about my pack members.

He turned to say something to someone, panicking with the decreasing distance between us. When I was within a couple yards of him, someone stepped in my way. I bared my teeth and let out a menacing growl at the person who dared to get between me and my prey.

The guy standing in my way put their hands on my shoulders, immediately tingles spread throughout my body at their touch. Only one person had this effect on me, Jaxon. I tried to ignore it. I tried to ignore the way he pulled me out of my trance to kill. I needed to kill that bastard of a man.

"Nina." Jaxon said to me in a firm voice.

I ignored his alluring voice although it was difficult. My body was split it two, one part needed to respond to his voice, the other needed to seek revenge for my pack. His hands tightened their grip on my shoulders.

"Nina," He tried once more a little more forceful. "Look at me." Jaxon demanded.

Lyra was now laying on her belly, submitting to her mate and his demands. She let out a slight whimper and put her head down. I closed my eyes and tried to focus all my energy on feeling the same rage as before. I didn't want to give in to him and his husky voice. My eyes stayed trained ahead, staring into his hard chest.