Chapter Twenty-Four

(I can't believe all the views I'm getting on this book! You all make my heart so full! Thank you everyone for the views, likes and comments :D Please keep them coming! 

I'm extremely excited about these next couple of chapters and I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do! Let me know what you think!- Leina) 

**This chapter is completely unedited so please once again ignore all the errors, thank you!**

Nina's POV

The foul smell of blood and death lead me to the cells. I slightly feared what I would witness in their depths. On my territory we had no purpose for cells, we never had a rogue issue because of the cloak we had; and none of my pack members did anything criminal. However, I was fully aware of the horrors that went on in cells.

As I approached the cellar doors I was stopped by a guard. My annoyance was clear to him, but he still didn't give in when I demanded to be let through. I really did not have time for another road block.

"I'm sorry Luna, but I'm under strict orders not to allow you down there." He told me as he stood in front of the doors with his arms crossed over his chest.

I narrowed my eyes and gave him the darkest look I could manage, which wasn't hard because I was thoroughly pissed. "I don't care what your orders are, the rat in my pack is being held down there and I intend to get some answers from her. Now move out of my way." I commanded him.

He opened his mouth to reply back but was cut off by Jaxon. "Nina, you can't see her."

I clenched my teeth together, where does he get off telling me that I can't talk to my own pack member? "She is my responsibility. I have all the right in the world to talk to her. So let me down there."

Jaxon shook his head his tousled brown hair swaying as he did so. "I can't do that Nina."

"Jaxon." I reply lowly. "Let me see Laura."

"For the last time Nina, you can't see her." I could see that he was visibly growing frustrated because I wasn't listening to him. He had no right to be getting irritated, if anything I was the one that had the right to be irritated with this conversation.

Closing the distance between us, I stood right in front of him with anger spewing out of me. "You will let me see her. There is no reason I shouldn't be allowed to see Laura. Now let me down there."

He took a step closer to me. "We have some things we need to check out first before I can let you speak to her."

"Like what?" I asked.

"You'll know when and if we can verify what she said."

I reached up, grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down so his face was centimeters away from mine. "What the hell do you need to verify? That isn't any of your business Jaxon! I won't repeat myself again. Let. Me. See. Her." I said each word in the last part of the sentence slowly and with force.

"It is my business because it affects you! You are mine and what affects you is definitely my business. I'm not going to let her potential lies harm you in any way. You're not going down there Nina."

My body heated up when he said I was his. At his declaration I wanted to close the space between our lips and dominate him. No, stay focus Nina. He lied to you, he can no longer have a hold on you, I remind myself.

I moved a little closer to his lips but kept my eyes on his and said, "Let me see her." I demanded.

He stared at me, his eyes heating up with some kind of emotion but I couldn't place which one. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he debated what he was going to do. "Let her down there, Lucas." He said evenly, his eyes never wavering from mine.