Chapter Twenty

(You guys are all so amazing! Thank you all for the views, votes, and comments! I felt so overjoyed today with all the notifications I received! -Leina ♥)

Nina POV

I realized what I was saying but I couldn't stop the words from coming out of my mouth. A part of me was screaming to shut up and take the pain, but a bigger part of myself was telling me to let Jaxon take the pain away. All I knew was the fire inside me was going to burn me up if I allowed it to continue. I was out of options: ignoring it wasn't working, the freezing bath was useless, that left only one thing to do; let Jaxon put out the fire.

The look in his eyes told me he wasn't expecting those words. I could see the desire he held behind the shock. Silently I pleaded with him to stop the burning sensation, I knew he could feel it too through the bond. It wasn't as powerful as what I felt, but to a degree he could feel how much pain I was in. As another wave of heat consumed my body I let out a helpless groan. Before the wave ended I was scooped up into big arms and carried to a bed, his bed. I knew from the familiarity of the softness, also from the way Jaxon's scent surrounded me.

He laid me on my back and before I could move an inch Jaxon was hovered over me. I released my hold on the towel that covered my body, one side stayed tucked over the other so it didn't fall open. Gently I moved my hands up to Jaxon's thick brown hair and worked my fingers through it. At the contact Jaxon closed his eyes and made a small strangled noise that sounded like he was trying to control himself.

All I desperately wanted him to do was lose control. I wanted him to stop thinking about the situation and just put the damn fire out that was coursing through every vein in my body. I wanted his hands all over me as if they'd pat the fire out themselves.

I moved my hands from his hair down to his face. Tracing every feature lightly with a single finger. When my finger touched his lips, Jaxon's eyes opened and the desire that filled them earlier burned much brighter. Without thinking for another second, he leaned down and kissed me roughly. I returned his kiss and as my lips feverishly moved with his he let out a hungry growl that I swiftly ate up. Our tongues met and tangled together, fighting furiously for dominance. There was no way I'd let him win without a fight, but in the end I surrendered and let him control the way our mouths moved against one another.

When he kissed me alarms started going off in my head, and a part of me awoke. That part screamed at me to stop kissing Jaxon. It reminded me of everything we stood for, everything we promised to never do; and this was something I desperately tried to avoid for so long.

We continued to kiss, and I moved my hands from around him to the bottom of his shirt. I wanted his shirt off, I wanted to feel his skin and run my hands down his muscular chest and along his abs. I needed to feel him, his skin against my skin. Thoughts of him bombarded my mind and I couldn't push them away, the part that scared me more was I didn't want them to stop.

Fight this! You don't actually have feelings for this man! Stop kissing him, stop touching him. You don't need him! A part of my mind screamed at me. But I ignored it, simply pushed that part of me aside and continued on as if it wasn't there.

Not only was the heat taking over my body, but it was also taking over my mind. There was no other explanation for why thoughts of Jaxon and I being together plagued my every thought. It had to be the heat, it as another trick to make sure the mating process would be complete. That had to be it. And dammit, it was working.

I took off Jaxon's shirt in one swift move, he didn't object. Once his shirt was off I took a few moments to admire his body. He was fit, there was no doubt about that, but he wasn't huge. I've seen male werewolves who were definitely bigger, but Jaxon's muscles suited his body perfectly. His muscles were well toned which gave them the appearance of being bigger than they were, and his muscles were a really nice size anyways. My hands moved by themselves as they traced over Jaxon's now exposed chest. As they moved from his chest to his abs, Jaxon groaned and pushed my shoulders back so I was once again laying down.