Chapter Twenty-One

(Cheers to posting a chapter three days after my last post! Now that does not happen often. I wanted to thank you all for your views, votes and comments. I truly appreciate all your support, it drives me to continue writing. You're all incredibly amazing! -Leina♥)

**This chapter is unedited, once again**

Nina's POV

Fucking Laura. Her name rang throughout my thoughts more times than I could count. Jaxon was adamant that she was apart of Keiva's kidnapping and involved in Elise's murder. There was no denying the facts Jaxon had so nicely displayed for me, the evidence him and Jason built up against her was incredible. Honestly, I knew they were one hundred percent right; my gut was confirming their accusation.

How could I have been so naive? She was right under my nose calculating this revenge scheme and I was so blind to it. All the questions she asked me about the details of the pack, I thought she was trying to make sure we kept everyone safe, that she was safe here; but that wasn't her reason behind it at all. That manipulative, calculating, scheming bitch. When I get my hands on her, I'll make her pay.

I could feel Lyra stirring inside me, itching to be let out and thirsty for our justice against Laura and the situation she put us in. Laura went against us, but more importantly she put our pack in danger. There was no amount of graveling that girl could do that would make me think twice about giving her what she deserves.

It will be a slow, painful death for that bitch, Lyra snarled out.

Instead of replying back with words, I nodded my head to her. It was definitely going to be a painful death for Laura. I could already hear her begging us to stop and give mercy to her; there would be no mercy for her.

The rage I felt at thinking through everything and seeing all the obvious signs couldn't be contained. I needed to release Lyra, I needed to let go and give into my emotions. I began to shake, ready to let my wolf out but Jaxon stopped me. He caged me in with his arms around my waist and dragged me over to him. Immediately I stopped shaking and looked up at him.

"I know this is really hard for you right now, but you need to remain calm." He repeated in a soft voice. I would never admit how good it felt to be in his arms to anyone, but inside I was melting from his embrace. The way his big arms felt wrapped around my waist just felt right.

All the things I felt were foreign yet so natural at the same time. I went back to what he was saying, trying to forget how he made me feel. I peeled myself out of his hold and took a few steps back putting a little distance between us.

"How can you tell me to remain calm right now? We know where she is, we know what she did and yet you're going to stand there and tell me to remain calm?" My voice was rising with each sentence. I had no idea how he managed to stay put together, but then again this wasn't his pack member conspiring against him. He wasn't directly affected by the situation which could definitely account for how he kept his emotions in check.

Jaxon took a step closer to me, his expression was kept laced with concern, but under that concern I felt he was little rigid. The rigidness was visible in his posture. "What we need to do is think clearly and that can only be done if we remain in control of our emotions."

He never removed his eyes from me, they pinned me down. I couldn't even open my mouth to give him a rebuttal. I wanted to tell him that what we needed to do was go to the Northwest region, corner the bitch and make her pay. But his entire presence was so overpowering that I couldn't say anything.

Without being able to verbalize what I wanted to say to him, I gave him the same cold stare he was giving me. We battled each other with narrowed eyes, willing the other to give up and look away. He wasn't backing down and neither was I. The atmosphere around us grew thick with tension. It was becoming tainted with negativity that swirled around us like a black cloud.