● 2 ●

I woke up and saw leaves of trees above me. I was confused for a second, but then I remembered the events of yesterday. Remembering that I was far away from my parents broke my heart, but at least I was with Luke and 3 other nice guys. But it still didn't feel like home.

I rolled over to my right and saw Luke sleeping peacefully. He can sleep for ages if someone doesn't wake him up.

"Oi." I heard a voice whisper-shout behind me.

I turned around and saw Michael.

"Don't wake him up. Let all of them sleep, they all need rest." He said, "Can you help me collect some sticks?"

"Sure." I said. I got up, gently brushed any dirt off of my clothes and looked around. I saw a lot of sticks scattered around past where Calum was sleeping. I couldn't see his face, but I assumed he was asleep.

I went in that direction to collect some sticks. I picked them up one by one and held them in my arms. Once my arms were full, I got up and turned around to go back to Michael, but something caught my eye.

Calum. He was awake, his eyes were red and puffy, and tears were streaming down his face.

I wanted to talk to him, but I had to get these sticks to Michael.

I walked over to Michael and dropped the sticks next to him. "Thanks." He said.

"Yeah, I'll be back in a sec." I said.

"Where are you going?" He said, slightly concerned.

"Nowhere away from here, literally just in this place."

"Oh okay." He smiled.

I turned around and went back to Calum. I kneeled down next to him.

"Hey, Calum?"

Calum looked at me, realizing that I was now here. He hurriedly wiped the tears off his face. "Oh, hi Taylor." he said as he sat up.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm great."

"Why are you crying?"

"Just... missing home, I guess."

I nodded in consideration. But then I remembered: he came from a broken home. Why was he so upset. I shook the thought away and decided to just focus on making Calum feel better.

"It's really disturbing," I said, "leaving your family behind and all. Just hoping that they make it to safety."

Calum opened his mouth as if he was going to tell me something, but then he closed it.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing."

"Tell me."

"It's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"You can trust me. I won't tell anyone. And it's good to let things out. Talk to people about things." I said.

We sat in silence for a few minutes. It wasn't awkward, it was just... nice I guess.

"I wish Anna was here and I wasn't on my own right now." Calum said, breaking the silence.

"No," I said, "you're not on your own. We'll all find our homes and you'll find Anna."

"No I won't."

"What makes you think that?"

Calum didn't reply.

We sat in silence as Calum rested his head against my shoulder. We sat, looking at the sea, listening and watching the waves crashing against each other.