● 4 ●

Taylor's POV
Calum cried in my arms for a good 5 minutes and I didn't mind. He had the right. He'd lost his sister, his support, and we needed to be there for him.

Calum stopped crying. He just sat there, his head in my chest. He'd stopped shaking, but the pattern of his breathing told me he was still awake.

I ruffled his hair slightly. "I'm really, really sorry, Calum," I said quietly, almost like a whisper, "I didn't know. I'm going to be here for you whenever you want and I'm going to try my best to help you."

Calum got out of my arms and embraced me into a hug. I rubbed his back in circles, still trying to comfort him.

He pulled out after a moment, and sat down next to me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

Calum nodded in response.

"I'll be back in a sec." I said.

I got up and made my way back to the boat where I'd left the biscuit packs. I opened the compartment again, this time to get two bottles of water. I carried the two biscuit packs and the bottles of water back to where Calum was.

I sat down next to Calum, handing him a pack of biscuits and a bottle of water. He immediately opened the bottle and started to drink the water as if it were his oxygen.

After seeing how thirsty he was, I realized how thirsty I was myself. I opened my own bottle of water and started drinking it, enjoying it.

I finally stopped drinking and saw that I'd drank half the bottle. Calum drank about 2/3 of his. We opened the biscuit packs and started eating from them.

"Thanks." Calum said after a minute.

"For what?"

"Lending me a shoulder to cry on."

I smiled, "Anytime."

We ate, while the sounds of biting into biscuits, chewing, and occasional drinks of water filled the void of silence between us.

After we'd finished, we went back to the main area of the island.

Ashton was up. Calum went over and started talking to him, while I saw Luke approaching me. He seemed to have calmed down from the incident with him and Michael.

"You okay?" I asked when he was right in front of me.

"Yeah," Luke said, "um, Michael apologised to me, and um, he said that he had, like, he was letting his anger out on me. So I'm guessing he's, like, he might need to talk to someone."

I nodded. "Did you say anything?"

"Yeah," he said, "I suggested he should talk to you, but um, I think you should talk to him."

"Yeah, okay, I will." I said, "Have you had breakfast?"

"Yeah, I had it with Ash."

I was slightly surprised by his use of nickname. I smiled, "So how's Ash?" I said, teasingly.

Luke punched me lightly on the shoulder, "Shut up!" He said. He couldn't resist the smile on his face.

I gasped. "Are you gay?" I whispered, wide-eyed and excited.

"Eww! No! What the heck?!"

"Seriously?" I said, not whispering anymore, "You say 'yuck' about gays?"

"No, it's just.. I've always been straight." Luke said. "You take things way to far sometimes."

"So you're just friends with Ashton?"