● 6 ●

Taylor's POV
I scratched another line onto the rock, adding to the tally. I'd decided to tally every day on a rock. I counted through the tally. 42 days. 6 weeks. We'd been stuck on this island for 6 solid weeks.

I walked over to where I normally sleep. I lay down, my back softly touching the ground. From here, my view was the black sky with piercing, shining stars, only a little bit blocked by a few leaves of a tree.

6 weeks. 6 goddamn weeks. I'd lost so much.

Where were my parents? Were they even alive? A shiver ran down my spine. That thought always haunted me. What if that day, the day the ship crashed, they died like Anna? What if I lost my parents? What if we finally get rescued and my parents are dead? What would be the point? All this false hope of seeing them again would go to waste.

I missed Liana so goddamn much. My absolute best friend. Does she think I'm dead? She might have moved on quickly and found a new best friend. No. She'd never do that, I'm her best friend. But what if, just what if she did? And if I'd ever come back, it would be hard for her to talk to me. But my other friends would be there for me right? Katie, Jessie, Alex, Bella, they'd stand with me right? Or have they already walked away from this friendship?

How am I living on an island? How? The hygene is terrible, we don't have beds, just sand and leaves. I'm the girl in us 5, how the hell am I living with 4 boys, I don't know. There's no good food, just shortbread biscuits, water, and fish if we're lucky.

It sounds crazy, but I actually miss school. I hated assignments and tests, but I kinda miss them now. I hate the actual sport, but the spirit and support at the sport events, all the things we did were amazing.

6 weeks. 6 weeks without my parents. Without my friends. Without a house. Without proper food. Without school. Why? Why so suddenly?

I'd just realised that tears were rolling down my cheeks, but I didn't bother wiping them. I just looked at the stars. When will I go home? Will I go home? Can I go home?

Home. That word. I missed it so much. I wanted it back. I wanted to go home. I begged so bad to just wake up to the 'same old, boring white ceiling', as I'd always call it.

Yes, I was dying to see that boring old white ceiling, to wake up under it, to quietly listen to my parents downstairs, while I'd be wrapped in my comfortable white blanket in my bed. Sometimes my mum would shout to me from downstairs.

"Taylor, we're going to a barbecue at Luke's place in an hour, get ready!"

"Okay mum."

I'd accidentally said that aloud, although quiet. I broke down in tears, sobbing, but trying to be as quiet as possible - I didn't want to wake up anyone.

I rolled over and buried my face in my hands, trying to keep my sobs quiet.

I felt arms wrap around me, embracing me. I wanted to see who it was but I didn't want to take my face out of my hands. But Calum's scent gave it away.

"Shhh, it's gonna be okay." Calum's accent whispered softly to me.

I took my face out of my hands and buried my face into Calum's chest. He hugged me, rubbing circles on my back, trying to comfort me.

After a while, I stopped crying. I silently lay in Calum's arms. The pattern of his breathing told me he was awake.

"Why?" I asked in a whisper, referring to why he came to comfort me.

"You're always there for me, so why wouldn't I return it?" He whispered softly to me. His voice made my heart melt.

I had feelings for him. Within these weeks together, we talked a lot. He was so sweet, so nice. And the way he cares for me gives me a tingling feeling and... I love him. I know it, I just do.

"Everyone's asleep now." Calum whispered, "We should get to sleep."

"Thanks." I replied/ whispered to him. "Thanks for being there for me, for being so supportive, for being there when-"

"I love you Taylor."

Silence filled the air.

"I love you too Calum."

My heart felt like it was about to melt.

Calum looked down at me. He moved his head close to my face and pressed his lips softly to mine.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach, and I willingly kissed back. It was a sweet, soft kiss, no tongue, just our soft lips pressing

We finally pulled away, and Calum pulled me into a hug again. Wow. That was... I don't know what to say!

I closed my eyed and warmed myself in Calum's presence. About 20 minutes ago, I was being haunted by the most disturbing thoughts, and now he's calmed me down completely.
I'll talk to Calum tomorrow. Right now I needed to sleep.