● 7 ●

Taylor's POV
I woke up, but I kept my eyes shut; I felt too tired to open them.

I felt Calum's warm arms wrapped around me from last night. He made me feel so protected.

I opened my eyes and saw he was awake and was looking at me with a small smile on his face. He saw I was awake, and gently kissed my forehead.

"Morning sunshine." He said.

I smiled. "Morning."

"Do you want breakfast?" He asked.

"Yeah."

Calum smiled and got up to get the food. I started thinking about him.

He's so nice, I've had feelings for him for a while now. He's really sweet and... does he love me back?

He kissed me last night, but is he the type of guy who does that a lot? Maybe he's had a load of girlfriends, and only kissed me to comfort me. No, Calum didn't seem like that type. But that wouldn't satisfy me, just telling myself. I'd have to ask him.

Calum came back with the usual biscuits and water. He smiled at me and sat down to face me.

"Calum," I said, quietly, "do you like me?"

His face reddened. "I- well, y-yeah I g-guess I do." He stuttered.

I let out a small laugh. "Have you had girlfriends in the past?"

"Well I had one, but she was horrible. She always told me to change who I am and all. So I left her." He said. "She was the only one."

I nodded.

He lifted my chin slightly with 2 fingers. "I love you."

I leaned in to kiss this time. Our lips connected and moved in sync. Again, no tongue involved, just a really nice, soft kiss.

We pulled away and smiled. But my smile started to fade as a thought came to me.

"Calum," I said, "please try to understand. I love you a lot, but we shouldn't show our love in front of the others."

Calum's eyebrows threaded in question. "Why?"

"Say, I dunno, I went off all lovey dovey with.. I don't know, Ashton or something." I explained. "Us two love each other and make each other feel complete, but how would you feel? You don't have family with you, and you see us together."

"I think I get it," Calum said, "you don't want the others to feel... jealous, kind of."

"Yeah." I said.

Calum gave me a warm smile. "What I love about you is how you think about other people so much. Of course. We'll keep a bit of a distance."

We smiled and started eating.

---

All of us were sitting in a circle, doing another cover of a song. As usual, Michael, Calum, Luke and I were singing while Ashton was hitting a box.. like a drum, kind of.

When we finished, Luke spoke.

"Do you think we should make up our own song?"

"Yeah!" Ashton said. "Like, we always do covers, why don't we make up our own song?"

We all agreed on this idea.

"What should we do it about?" Michael said.

"Maybe like, relate it to what we feel right now?" I suggested.

"Great idea, but don't you think that would make it kinda sad?" Ashton pointed out.

"Let's make it, like, what we want to do. Like, we want to get out of here, and what we want to do." Calum said.

"We want to fly away." Luke mentioned.

"Yeah." I said.

"Taylor," Michael started to ask, "what's that rock you have with a tally?

"The days we stay here." I replied.

"How many days is that?"

"Today's the 43rd day."

Ashton seemed to be calculating something on his fingers while muttering under his breath.

"A month and almost 2 weeks." He announced after a moment.

"Counting down these days?" Luke said.

"How about seconds? I don't know I like that word." Ashton giggled.

"Counting down these seconds."

We made the verse after a while.

"Let's, leave now. Without wasting another day hoping this mess dissappears."

"I won't waste another day..."

"...wishing this would.. fade away?"

"Yeah! I won't waste another day wishing this would fade away."

"Leaving without turning back."

"Without looking back."

"I won't waste another day wishing this would fade away; running without looking back."

"That's epic!"

Voices jumped back and forth, flying with ideas.

"Okay, where have we always wanted to go?"

"I've always wanted to go to California."

"I get that... Cal um, Cal ifornia."

Calum chuckled. "That was lame."

"I want a little bit of California."

"Have you guys been to London?" I said. "The sky is really nice in the summer."

"And a little bit of London sky?"

"I wanna go to the end of the world."

"I wanna take myself-"

"I wanna take my heart to the end of the world."

"I want a little bit of California, and a little bit of London sky, I wanna take my heart to the end of the world,"

"And fly away."

"Tonight."

I just listened quietly and smiled. I felt so happy. We hadn't had such happiness and enthusiasm at this island yet. I thanked Luke in my head for coming up with this idea.

After a few hours of contributing ideas and putting it into tunes, we ended up with a song called Fly Away. It sounded really good, we sung it a couple of times so that we wouldn't forget it

After so long, we finally had a happy day.

Sorry for the terrible chapter
I have a better one ahead
Please Vote and Comment