● 3 ●

I woke up under trees again. This time my whole backside of my body was laying on bare sand except for my head. I looked and saw Calum, his back on the sand. My head was on his chest.

I rolled my head off of Calum's chest. Not because I didn't like it, but because he was probably tired of my head being on his chest for so long.

Leaving Calum alone sleeping, I got up and went to the boat that the boys originally came in. I opened a compartment and found some stacks of biscuit packets, like I'd expected.

I picked out 2 packets, when something caught my eye. I thin, silver chain with a locket, sitting in the corner of the boat.

I went over and picked it up. It wasn't mine, but curiosity filled me. After glancing around to make sure that no one was there, I opened the locket and saw a small picture of Calum and another girl. His girlfriend? Maybe his sister, Anna? She decided not to ponder over it too much, so she closed the locket, which presumably belonged to Calum.

She left the biscuit packs in the boat and walked to Calum, who'd started to stir awake a little. I put the locket in his hand. He looked at it, his eyes widening slightly. "Where did you find this?" He said.

"I went to a boat to get some biscuits, and I found it laying around." I said, "Don't lose it. It looks special."

Calum sat up and looked at the locket. "Thanks, I thought I'd lost it." He said.

I sat next to him. He opened the locket and stroked his thumb across the girl's face in the picture. "I miss you so much Anna." He said, while a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Don't worry, Calum," I said, wiping the tear off of his face, trying to comfort him, "you'll find your sister."

"No I won't," he said, I noticed the slight tone of anger in his voice, "why don't you get it?"

I was slightly taken aback, but I knew he had the right to - he didn't have any family with him.

"She probably got on a boat and saved herself too-"

"She didn't." Calum said, interrupting me, "She didn't, don't you get it?"

I was starting to get annoyed by him saying 'Don't you get it?' so many times. "I'm not going to 'get it' if you don't tell me exactly what happened-"

"She was shot, goddammit!" Calum said, his lower lip trembling. He buried his head in his hands. "She was the first one to get shot for fuck's sake! She's fucking dead." He took his head out of his hands and hung his arms loosely around his legs and let his head rest on his knees.

I was shocked. His sister died? That's why Calum was so quiet, so empty of motivation. I put my arm around his shoulders, and he leant in and cried into my chest. I could feel his whole body shaking in my arms, and I'd never felt so sorry for someone.

The last thing I wanted right now was for Michael to come over and call Calum a wimp.

Michael's POV
My eyes looked at the waves of the sea, how they twisted and turned, just like life did. Standing in front of the sea, I was thinking about what had happened earlier.

I usually don't shout at people like that. People say I look like I'm all 'gangster looking' because of my piercings and dyed hair, but from the inside I'm a good person. I'm not rude to people, I'm genuine.

Then why did I end up saying so much to Luke? How did I end up so close to punching him? Maybe I'm bottling everything in. I didn't actually have my piercings and hair dye done because I wanted to rebel from my parents, it's because of peer pressure at school.

When my parents saw me, they didn't let me say anything. They kicked me out immediately. And it was definitely not easy to see my mum crying and pushing me out of the house the way she did. Muted, I took my stuff and left the house, with the intention of coming back very soon.

But I got stranded here. Away from my mum and family. Will I ever see her again? To what I could conclude, the reason I was being so rude to Luke was because I wasn't talking to anyone. I kept bottling everything in.

I need to apologise to Luke.

He must feel horrible.

I turned around and saw Luke sleeping. What was stopping me from apologising? I wanted to apologise but at the same time I didn't want to apologise. Ego was the only barrier I had to break.

I noticed Luke slowly stirring, coming out of his sleep. I took a deep breath, and began making my way towards Luke.

Luke saw me approaching him, and he had an unreadable expression on his face.

I came and he sat up, leaning against the tree next to him. I sat down next to him, crossed legged, and managed to find the courage to speak.

"Hey, um, Luke," I said slightly awkwardly, "look I'm really sorry about saying loads of shit to you. I couldn't control myself, I'm just really disturbed emotionally and I guess I let it all out on you. I know you don't deserve it, but I couldn't control my anger. I'm really sorry."

Shit. I'd said way too much. Way too much.

Silence filled the air.

"Don't worry," Luke said, thankfully breaking the silence, "it's alright. I'm sorry about being rude to you too. I can understand how you feel, and if you ever need to, you can talk to me. Well actually, to be fairly honest you should talk to Taylor. She's really good at listening and comforting. And trustworthy. I've opened up to her so much and she always keeps secrets. She doesn't mind talking to anyone."

I listened attentively to what Luke was telling me. Maybe I could talk to someone. I decided to push that thought to the back of my mind for later. I smiled to Luke, patting his shoulder. "Thanks mate."

Luke simply smiled in return.