● 5 ●

Taylor's POV
It was past sunset, and we were all sitting quietly around the fire, eating fish. The only thing preventing complete silence were the crashing of waves, biting and chewing, and occasional sips of water.

We'd all finished, but none of us seemed to feel like going to bed.

We suddenly heard humming. All eyes were on Michael. He suddenly stopped.

Through the firelight, I could see Calum smile a little. I loved seeing him smile. Calum began singing a song quietly in the same tune as Michael was humming in.
Regaining confidence, Michael continued humming, and eventually started singing. The song seemed oddly farmiliar.

Luke looked at me. Then I realised- this was one of mine and Luke's favourite songs!

Luke and I joined in singing. Ashton didn't seem to know the song, but he started tapping his stool in pattern with the song anyway. 'Oh yeah, he's a drummer.' I thought to myself.

Michael, Calum, Luke and I drummed while Ashton drummed on his stool.

We finally finished the song and applauded ourselves.

After this, none of us wanted to go to bed. I wanted to sing another song. We all did.

"Do you guys know the lyrics to A Team?" Luke asked. Luke already knew I did. Calum and Michael nodded.

"I know how to drum it." Ashton said.

"Don't you know the lyrics?" I asked.

"I do," he said, "I'm just really bad at singing."

"You can't be that bad." Calum said, encouragingly.

"I prefer drumming anyway."

"How about we go in order with singing this time?" Michael said, "Like, Luke could sing the first line, Taylor sing the next, then me, then Calum. But we all sing the chorus together."

"Sounds good to me." I said.

"1... 2... 3" Ashton said.

"White lips, pale face.." Luke began singing.

We sung the song, I sung my heart out. Luke had played this song on guitar so many times and we'd sing together.

After we'd finished, we applauded ourselves again. I had such a wide smile on my face it hurt, and I couldn't stop it. Luckily it was dark, so it wasn't likely that anyone would see me smiling so widely.

"We should start a band." Michael said.

"I can play guitar." Luke said.

"Same." Michael said.

"I can drum, as you'd all know." Ashton said.

"I play the bass." Calum said.

"I... can play the triangle...?" I said awkwardly shrugging my shoulders. Everyone laughed as I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks.

"You can sing." Calum said.

"You're really good at singing. Like, really good." Michael said.

I blushed madly again. I was so glad it was dark.

"Well we don't have any guitars or basses. So we'll have to go by just singing." Luke said.

"What should we name ourselves?" Michael said.

"Bromance?" Luke suggested.

"Naah." Ashton said.

"5 something? Because there's 5 of us." Calum said

"Seriously? 5 something?" Michael said.