● 10 ●

Calum's POV
We were going to be taken home today. I didn't know how I was feeling. I wasn't sure what I was going to say to my parents.

And this time, Anna wasn't with me.

Taylor was. We were allowed to take one person from the group. She chose Luke to come with her, understandably. I wanted her to come with me.

We were in the car. I was sitting in the back next to Taylor, who was holding my hand, comfortingly.

We finally got to the house I hadn't seen in ages.

I got out of the car and walked to the door.

This door. It was just a door. A plain brown door that I'd been dieing to see.

That door is my childhood. That door represents home.

I walked to it and I tapped it with my fist.

Within a minute, it was opened by my mum.

I could see something in her eyes. Something that told me she'd been through some kind of hell.

And she was desperate to see me.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug. She shook with sobs, I could feel her cold tears on my shoulder. Tears rolled down my face, of what emotion I'm not sure.

After what felt like forever, we broke apart. Mum's face was drenched in tears.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He left." She said. "He'd had enough of my bullshit and he just left."

I looked down.

"Calum."

I looked up again to face her, knowing she was going to tell me something serious.

"Anna's dead."

"I know."

"You missed her funeral."

Those four words felt like they'd sucked the air out of me. They found her body? She was buried?
Where? I already knew where.

I spun around and ran. Sprinted faster than I ever had. I kept running, not caring about anything else.

I slowed down when I had reached the place. My hands clenched my knees as I caught my breath.

Finally I looked up and saw the gate left slightly ajar like always. I walked through it and saw so many stones with words in memory of the people who had died.

I'd come to see the new one.

It wasn't hard to find as all the others were slightly worn.

That's when it caught my eye.

In loving memory of
ANNA HOOD
1999-2016
A loved daughter and sister now resting safe and in peace

I collapsed in front. Finally I got to meet my little sister. Just... not in the best condition.

I was on my knees, in front of her rested self.

I smiled.

"Hey Anna." I said, trying to stay happy. "Haven't seen you in a while. How have you been? You know I got stranded on an island with some other people. It reminded me of when we used to play that game where we'd sit on the bed and pretend its a boat and we'd get to the island to find lost tresure. Do you remember that?"

I laughed dryly.

"Hey do you remember when we used to secretly take dad's sticky note pads? Drew pictures on them and stuck 'em in our tent, pretending it was a mini art gallary. But they kept falling down."

"Oh and do you remember when I got lightsabers and you got a Barbie doll and you hated it? Then I gave you one of my lightsabers and we played with them."

"I remember seeing you stand up for the first time. I was 6 and I was playing with you when you pushed your self off your own hands and stumbled on your own two feet, took about two steps and you fell into my arms. Both of us started laughing and I called mum."

The moment played in my mind as I said it.

"Oh and that time we..."

I stopped.

"So many goddamn memories," I whispered, "uncountable."

Finally, I let go of trying to stay positive and I let the tears roll.

I lay my cheek on the ground in front of her stone. Tears rolled down into the soil beneath my aching body.

"Anna, I know you can't hear me. You'll never be able to hear my calling voice again, and I'll never be able to hear your sweet voice. You were a gift. And now you're gone and nothing can ever be good enough to replace you."

Silence.

"I miss you."

No noise.

I was hoping to hear Anna's sweet voice to say something back. Anything. Just to know that she'd heard me and for me to hear her just one last time.

But she was gone. She couldn't come back.

Thanks for reading so far. Sorry didn't update in a while.

There's more to come.

Please comment and vote.