e i g h t e e n: Sleepover's Galore

I was never a fan of sleepovers. I didn't find the point of going to someone's house to sleep in a possibly lumpy bed and talk gossip. If I really wanted to do that, I would call someone over the phone. The last time I had a sleepover was when I was fifteen and that was only because Lucy wanted to have some sort of going away party before I left for the rest of the year.

Looking over the shopping list, I grabbed the necessary items and put them in my bag. Just my luck to be stuck with shopping duty. Today was some special occasion although she didn't tell me what it was.

Should I chose cheese dip or salsa? I thought to myself as I looked over the options.

Deciding to get both, I went to the front to pay. Seeing the long line of people, I internally sighed and hoped this would go by fast enough.

~*~

I set everything in the corner of my bedroom and waited until Lucy arrived. Giselle was in her room, playing with her Wii. Suddenly remembered that I bought something for her, I knocked on her door and waited for a response. When I heard nothing, I entered anyway and saw her playing Mario Kart.

"What are you doing here?"

I took out the pointy birthday cap I bought for ten cents from behind my back. She looked at me in confusion as I proceeded to put it on her head.

"Ow, that string hurts you know?" She was touching that red spot under her chin when I shrugged.

"You really need some time away from electronics. I barley see you anymore."

"You see me everyday," She deadpanned. "If you don't have an actual reason for being here then leave. I want to pass this level on 150cc."

I turned to her T.V and her paused Mario Kart game could be seen clearly. I dragged her out from her room and placed her in my bed. She looked bored but soon entertained herself with my phone. Lucy arrived a few minutes later and I opened the door for her.

Marching straight in, she dumped various beauty products on my bed including face masks, lotions, and makeup products.

"What are those?" Giselle asked in a disgusted tone.

I picked up the avocado face mask and squished the package. When it made a strange noise, I put it back down in disgust.

She only looked at me with a devious smile and said, "I want to recreate the ugliest makeup looks ever created. I want to look so ugly that even ugly people look pretty in comparison."

"Again why?" I couldn't help but smile at Lucy's enthusiasm.

"Do I have to have a reason?" She wiggled her eyebrows and sat on one of my bean bags. Taking one of her makeup removers, she removed all existing makeup from her face. Then grabbing a foundation that was far too dark for her, she wiped it on her face with her hands. When she was done, she looked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"You look like you had a bad tan."

"That was the point."

Following her lead, I put random products on my face. Then taking pink blush, I put too much on my brush and wiped it on my face. Looking in the mirror, it looked like I dabbed pink on my cheekbones. Finding the orange lipstick I put it on and over my lips.

When both of us were done creating wonderful disasters, we looked at each other in the mirror. "You both look gross." Giselle commented from my bed. She didn't partake in this activity and ended up watching YouTube videos on my phone.

"She's right," I said. "This is almost as worse from when we were experimenting with this stuff in the second grade."

"This is way worse. We need to take a photo of this."