t w e n t y - f i v e: We're going on a trip, in our little rocket ship.

Sometimes for people to truly be happy, they need a fresh start. It could be the only way to get away from your past and everything that is keeping you down. Others might think that you're running from your problems if you do this, but I like to think of it as putting your needs first.

Putting my sunglasses of and brushing my hair in two swift strokes, I went downstairs where my small suitcase was outside with Lucy's car. She was rather impatient so when I opened the door she was already motioning her hand to get inside of the car. My dad and Stephanie were already there, and I looked at Stephanie suspiciously, wondering if she said anything to my dad. We haven't talked much over the past few days, and I wasn't sure if she would tell dad while I was gone. Walking over to them, I gave my dad a small hug before giving Steph a awkward wave. She just rolled her eyes and headed back in the house.

Well then.

My dad didn't notice anything wrong and instead said to be careful and to be safe.

"Come back soon."

I playfully rolled my eyes, not realizing that he can't see them behind my sunglasses. "It's only two days dad. I'm not moving there."

Yet.

"Okay, but call me when you get there."

"Sure will."

With that I sat inside the car and took off my sunglasses. One of the best parts of taking of your sunglasses after a while is that you can see color again.

Lucy turned to me and said, "You guys have such emotional goodbye's. I didn't even tell my parents I was leaving and I just left a note for Dylan."

I already knew that Lucy had a bad relationship with her parents so I didn't mention anything about that. Dylan and Lucy had some sort of rocky relationship but I suppose it has gotten better over the past few months. Good enough that Lucy wrote a note to him.

"I wouldn't consider that emotional. I'm not an emotional person."

She shrugged and replied, "Maybe you are. You just don't show it."

Taking into consideration what Lucy said, I thought that she might be correct. Not wanting to talk about the topic though, I turned on the radio and sang the lyrics out loud. So unlike me, well this version of me anyway.

"You're such a terrible singer Zoe. Stop or else my ears are going to start to bleed."

I put a hand on my chest and faked hurt. "I am an amazing singer. I have you know that I used to sing my baby nephew to sleep."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he just faked it so he could get you to stop."

We both stared at each other and then started laughing, Wow, I just left this town and I already started to feel better. Not great, but better.

After both of us calmed down from the laughter I said, "The drive from here to Baltimore is around eight hours so if you want me to drive ask."

She uttered a small chuckle which confused me for a while until she said, "there is no way I am going to risk you ruining my precious baby. So it's okay, but I am going to drive."

"I'm not a bad driver."

"I never said you were."

The entirety of the ride consisted of us talking about random shit, with the occasional gossip and singing our hearts out. Well her singing her heart out. I was a bad singer. I took the liberty of recording her so I can show her that in fact she is the bad one when she says I'm a bad singer again. I'm a great singer.