t w e n t y - e i g h t: The Pizza Situation

A/N: Important authors note relating to updates at the end of the chapter. Please read it as it is very important. Now you can continue on with your regularly scheduled reading. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What topping do you want on your pizza?" I said to Thomas behind me as he was scanning the menu. We were at the same pizza place that Thomas took me when we were at the Pier all those months ago.

Finally making his decision he answered, "Mushrooms."

I crinkled my nose in disgust as I looked at him. "You're evil. Hawaiian is where it's at."

"You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Mushroom is by far the best topping known to humankind. It certainly beats processed ham."

"Mushroom is a fungi. Do you really want to eat something that grows in warm, dark and moist areas?"

When he didn't say anything, I smirked and turned over to the cashier who was already annoyed at us for holding up the line. Thomas hated the word moist. I frankly didn't find the word to be that bad once you get behind it's sexual meaning.

"One slice of Mushroom pizza and two slices of Hawaiian please."

"Make that two slices of Mushroom pizza." I heard Thomas say to the cashier.

When I paid for our meals, after much arguing on his part may I add, we sat down and waited for our slices to heat up.

"You're so going to get fat." I said simply as I took out my phone.

"And you won't? May I remind you that we got the same number of slices."

"Yeah but I have a fast metabolism." I paused and tried to hide my chuckles of what I was going to say next. "You don't."

His face was priceless and I had to bit my tongue to hide the laughter that was growing in my throat.

"Zoey Newman, are you calling me fat?"

"No..." I began, "but, it wouldn't hurt you to go to the gym."

It was then that I couldn't hold my laughter anymore and started laughing. Thomas shot me a glare and I only laughed harder. I knew perfectly well that Thomas didn't need to go to the gym. Although he would never be like Chace Crawford, no one will, he acts just like a regular guy. That's especially beneficial since I don't want to be friends with a conceited jock. That was one of the things that I love about him.

Wait-

Did I just love?

Before I could continue to mentally debate the matter Giselle arrived from the bathroom.

Right, I almost forgot that I was stuck babysitting her for a day. Since dad was on another business trip, and Monica was taking Stephanie to her chemotherapy appointment, I was stuck taking care of the little brat.

I remembered the disappointment of Stephanie's face when I told her I couldn't come but it was quickly replaced by indifference. I really had to make up with her.

When Giselle came over to our table she looked confused so I asked if something was wrong.

"Where's my slice of pizza?"

It was then that I forgot to order Giselle a slice of pizza. I looked over at Thomas and silently begged him to donate his mushroom pizza to a good cause but to no avail. He pulled his slice closer and ate a bite of it for good measure.

Bitch.

I sighed and I passed my slice of pizza to Giselle.

"Yeah no."