t w e n t y - t h r e e:The day where I leave it all behind.

Is cereal soup?

I have long debated the matter as I looked at my bland bowl of cheerios and milk. Not having the appetite to eat one of my favorite breakfast meals, I tossed it aside and went to the living room.

Staring at the window, I looked at the beautiful blue sky. It was a cloudless day and the trees were green and full of leaves. The birds chirped in the distance as I listened to their wonderful music.

After the day at the cemetery, Thomas had decided to stop talking to me, much less on making eye contact. Although we were partners in psychology class together, he only talked when necessary and avoided looking at me all together. I didn't know if he was embarrassed about what he told me that day or if I did something wrong. Although I tried to act normal, I couldn't help feeling slightly hurt. It had been two weeks, and I was debating on asking him how long this would go for.

On the living room table next to the couch, were several letters about college admission. Mine sat neatly in a pile while Stephanie's were already opened and scattered around the table. She applied to a couple of colleges around the area but I didn't ask her exactly where she got in. I hadn't bothered looking at mine yet, but I would go it later.

I didn't know where Thomas got into, but maybe if he stopped being a lazy bum and actually texted me, I would actually know. Realizing my thoughts I cursed myself silently. Why was I letting myself get upset over a boy? A completely replaceable one to be more specific. As much as I tried telling myself that, what I felt was the opposite and I hated myself for it.

Taking one last look through the window, I grabbed my combat shoes along with my jacket and put them on. Maybe a walk through the park would clear my mind. I sound like a lovesick teenager.

I hated lovesick teenagers.

As I left, a note on the floor caught my eye. Fearing the worst, I apprehensively opened the note and began to read it, however, what was on the note was far from my expectations.

I'm sorry.

Confused at the words, I looked everywhere for a name. Ryan did not apologize, he was the type for blaming everything on others. Someone else wrote this.

Looking around and finding no one, I decided to keep walking. Halfway through my walk, however, I realized that my phone was missing. Remembering that it was left on the counter in the kitchen, I started to walk to my house again. When I arrived, Thomas was sitting down on the steps.

Surprise was etched in my throat as to why he was here I moved closer and so I asked, "Do you need something?" It sounded a bit curt, and based on the way he flinched, he could tell too.

"I left you a note but I regretted it after so I came back to get it. It seems like you already took it through." His gaze landed on my hand where the pink post-it was. I raised one of my eyes and twirled the note around my fingers, making sure to catch his attention.

"I'm sorry." I read the note sarcastically before ripping it to pieces and throwing it in the garbage. "There you go. Now you don't have to regret it anymore."

"I'm sorry for shutting you out these past few weeks. Things happened and I had to deal with them." He seemed oddly vague about his excuse but based on the way he was ruffling his hair nervously and looked sincere, I believed him. Nodding slowly, I spoke,

"It's okay. I was really busy this week anyway, I barely noticed anything anyway."

Lies.

Now that we were semi-okay and most things were in the air, added to the fact that I was extremely bored, I decided to invite him to the Smoothie Shack.