final author's note

UPDATE: New information on the bottom in regards to spin-offs. 

Yes, this is final author's note. I want to thank everyone who's been along with me on this crazy ride with Zoey, Thomas and all of their adventures. If it wasn't for you guys, this book wouldn't be as amazing as it is today. I initially based this story on real life events and through writing it, I changed a lot of things (Ryan doesn't exist, don't worry). I was just a new writer when I started, only writing one cringey-ass book before this, and I grew so much. I thought I would share a couple of things that would have happened in the story if I didn't take the route I took.

-Thomas was supposed to be french and a bad boy. I still remember writing the first version of the chapter where they first met and it was so cringe. Basically innocent Zoey (not the badass she is in this version) dropped her pencil in french class and Thomas picked it up and started flirting. So glad I didn't go through with it.

-Zoey's dad was supposed to die by chapter fifteen (never decided how) and Monica was supposed to be the evil stepmom. Stephanie and Giselle were going to be the evil stepsisters. Thomas was supposed to "save" her. (ew, thirteen-year-old me was so gross.) This story line kind of made sense since the very first title of this story was called Twisted Cinderella.

-Thomas was going to be a jock and have a cheerleader ex-girlfriend named Jackie. Basically she was evil and try to destroy Zoey and Thomas' relationship. She only showed up like once every seven chapters, so eventually I decided to cut her out. Great decision, because I don't want my story to be cliche as fuck.

-Zoey was going to have another friend named Jenny. Jenny was overweight and basically this story would have been about body positivity. I'm all for that and I'm going to write a story about that eventually, but it didn't fit for this book. She was cut out and replaced with Bryson.

-Zoey was originally white and Lucy was hispanic. Eventually, I switched the roles. I always wanted to write a hispanic character that I could relate to.

-Thomas' dad is nonexistent in this version. He was going to be an over demanding dad but I didn't have enough time to include that in the storyline. So I decided that instead Thomas was originally born in Italy and his father was murdered to the entire family moved to the states. (Why do I have it out for everyone's dads?) This was too much and ultimately decided for Thomas' biological dad to be a sperm donor. Cheers to single parenting!

-Ryan was only going to be an ex-boyfriend (no criminal past) and wanted to get Zoey back. Thomas got jealous and broke up with her. I think our current storyline is so much more interesting.

Last but certainly the cringiest:

-Thomas and Zoey were going to get married and have a baby named Darcy (kill me now). Eventually Zoey was going to get shot when she was twenty-seven (the age she is in the epilogue) and Thomas had to take care of their baby. I was thirteen and loved happy endings. So. Much. Cringe.

There you have it folks. There are more but it would be too long to write all of them. The last thing I wanted to mention that there is going to be a spin-off to this book called Just Friends. It's Lucy's book and I'm really excited to begin writing it. I'll include the cover and blurb below.

With all she could ever want and everything at her disposal, Lucy Montgomery had nothing to complain about

With all she could ever want and everything at her disposal, Lucy Montgomery had nothing to complain about. Yet somehow, she finds herself craving real friends, and on her search she finds charismatic and artistic Juliett Torres. A few drinks and misspoken confessions force Lucy to differentiate between attraction and gratitude. A kiss or two doesn't mean anything, but friendship certainly does. So what will it be?

Yep, this is going to be my very first lgbt novel. I'm really excited to write it and I can't wait for you guys to read it if you decide to. I totally understand if you don't want to. I'll post for information about it as the publication date gets closer so tune in for that.

Goodbye everyone, it's been an amazing ride. I hope to see you in my other books, but if not, then this is the end of our journey. I wish you all well.

NEW STUFF: I just wanted to say that Lucy's book is out now! I don't know if anyone still cares about this book, but if some of you do and you want to continue in their universe then you can check out Just Friends. Zoey and Thomas will make one or two appearances there but it will mostly focus on Lucy and Bryson. Again, thank you so much for joining me here and I love you all.