Hailie's Song

Author's Note: Just so everyone knows, this chapter was delayed because the original author had given it to me, the new author. I hope you like this chapter :) So, on to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lazily sipped my Coke, listening to Marshall argue with his ex wife about something over the phone. I heard a slam and he furiously stomped out of the room.

"Cat?" He asked, his eyes a darker shade of blue. I raised my eyebrow, "You think I should get Whitney right?" He asked softly. Oh, I thought, he had been stressed about getting Whitney for almost a week now.

"Of course, Marshall, but how?" I asked, pushing away my Coke. He shrugged and groaned, "I'm going to the studio." He declared, his eyes turning dark again, "Mmkay." I said, laying my head on the couch.

I'm worried about Marshall, he never sleeps anymore. He just grabs a couple of Red Bulls and stays in his studio all night. I mean, I knew rappers were hardcore and stuff, but I think he's going to far.

~~Marshall's POV~~

I sat in the studio, my eyes darting between the mic and the bag of weed. I knew that I should get high just to make good music but the pressure is too much. According to the cops or whoever, I have to let Kim see Hailie at some point, but she's the only thing keeping me going. It all makes since when I look into her eyes.

I grabbed a pad of paper and pushed the plastic baggie away. I'm going to write some music for me. Not for the public, not for the press, not even for the money. For me.

~~Cats POV~~

Marshall's been in his studio for hours, it's dark now. I'm worried. Is he okay? He could be having a heart attack from the tons of Red Bulls he drinks. I need to check on him.

I walk into the studio, and he's furiously writing on a pad. I watch as he finishes and smiles at the paper. "Hi," I say as he begins to look up.

"What?" He responds. "I was worried. You were in here a long time. I thought you had a heart attack or something." I say.

"No, I just wrote this," He says, shoving the pad in my hands, "Read it."

I read the title, and just smile. That Shady must have a heart after all.

He called it Hailie's Song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Author's Note:

Sorry if this turned out to be a bit short. I needed to post something cause this chapter was supposed to be out Tuesday. I'll be posting new chapters every Friday from now on :)

And to the person who sent me the new cover, i couldn't find it :( If you can resend it and your wattpad username i will dedicate this chapter to you x3 )

From the new management,

~jackie